Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Exclamation Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!

Hey Guys,

Well... I've started a Diesel trend with my local circle of friends (which is totally awesome because they are ALL buying Powerstrokes ) and the newest addition is my roommate, however I've got a question for everyone first.

There is a 2006 Harley Davidson edition 6.0L Turbo Diesel for sale locally here from a guy we've done business with before. It has 107k miles, its in great condition (interior and exterior), power everything, runs great, and is asking $23,500 for it. What would you guys do?

Are there ANY signs we need to look for? Thanks! and I'll get pictures up of it today, because I think he's actually going to buy it today whether or not you guys respond in time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That is a great price for an 06 Harley. Check for signs of puking at the overflow reservoir and get an Oasis report from the local dealer. Other than that just go over it well. Drive it at all speeds to get a feel for how tight or loose it feels. If there is nothing jumping out at you I'd be all over that deal. They don't come any nicer than the Harley editions.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If there is a group of you growing, why not all chip in for an AutoEnginuity program? Or maybe if this guy wants to buy, get a Scangauge II or Edge Insight to test drive this puppy with. See what some of the internals are doing.Then when he buys, he will already have gauges. I mean heck, $100 a piece and you guys will be in seventh heaven! ( for the AE program )

Last edited by amdriven2liv; 06-07-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Real Men of Genius

That's true... I'm back home now--and his truck (Tacoma) isn't here. So I'm guessing he's out picking up his new ride!!! I'm super excited for him. That Harley is NICE! Yeah, we're definitely going to go in on an AutoEnginuity program (specifically Ford) since we're all getting powerstrokes! Hell yeah! So far, we've got my '01 7.3L, an '03 Excursion w/ 7.3L, and now an '06 Harley w/ 6.0L!!! I'm gonna try to convince our buddy that just sewed on MSgt to get the new F250 6.7L. haha!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Real Men of Genius

Alright guys! He totally got it. And it looks awesome. I want one, hahaha! Here's a couple pics he snapped with his iPhone... we'll take better pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!-photo.jpg   Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!-photo-2-.jpg   Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!-photo-3-.jpg   Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!-photo-4-.jpg   Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!-photo-5-.jpg  

Old 06-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Real Men of Genius

and just a couple more for now... one thing's for sure, the chrome rain guards have GOT to go! All black baby! We've got big plans for this ride! Can't wait to start modding it out...
Attached Thumbnails
Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!-photo-6-.jpg   Roommate wants to buy this 6.0L Harley Davidson! Need Advice!!!-photo-7-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
... one thing's for sure, the chrome rain guards have GOT to go! ...
Yup.
Nice ride.
He's gonna love this truck.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gotta love the Harley's!! Nice ride! I definetly agree, those rain gaurds should already be off!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
man is that thing gorgeous . i want to get a truck just like that but put a 12v in it :evil:
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Nice truck, but I should get paid for having to look at those rain guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.