Gauge Quesion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauge Quesion

So thinking about buying the glowshift 3 guage kit, found a site that will allow me to choose 3 different ones: so heres the question my first guage will be the EGT, second one will be the boost gauge, and now for my third one should i choose the fuel pressure or the transmission temperature? the only reason i ask this is because on our trucks we already have a transmission guage and i know we also have a boost gauge but which one of those two would you suggest getting? ps. the boost guage is the 60 psi and i have a choice of either 30 or 100 psi fuel which i would go with the 100 if i chose the fuel pressure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well first off glow shifts are not very good quailty. I previously had them in my truck, fitmit for these gauges sucked. I ordered the kit with the fuel pressure gauge and it only read up to 30psi and for the 6.0s you need atleast 0-60 reading. The reading on my boost and egts gauges was a little off from my gs gauges from autometer. My gs gauges are very nice gauges. If you want to look into the insight from edge seems to be pretty nice also. Hope this helps some

Last edited by 01redcrew; 06-03-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
def go with trans temp... the stock one is not accurate at all....
Old 06-03-2010, 06:20 PM

OEM Tranny gauge sucks...OEM Boost gauge ..Pretty accurate. So if I had a choice...hands down Tranny over Boost. Definately the EGT and Fuel Pressure. Actually that was the first post here on the .Org that ever stated that Glowshift was not good. I happen to think otherwise ...especially at 1/4th the cost. Get the glowshift from Glowshift.com (there is a e-coupon floating around the net, so google that and save even more)...glowshift.com sells them at less cost anyway. Get the one with the sender unit and please....order the 0-100 psi gauge...that simple. You will be very happy with Glowshift and your wallet will be a little fatter.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks, see budget is pretty tight right now and thats why i was going to go with glowshift. So moyock and everyone else your saying go with egt, tranny, and then fuel with the 100 psi guage. also would you suggest a 2400* or 1500* egt temp one? if it okay wondering if this set up would work and what you would suggest.. thanks again to everyone 99-07 Ford Superduty Custom Diesel Gauges Package
Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 PM

i was debating doing the water temp instead of fuel pressure, since i dont have studs and i could monitor collant temps. Sorry not tryin to hijack. What do ya think?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No worries, thats a good question that i should have also asked too beings i do not have studs in mine and dont plan on putting them in unless that time comes, basically all i am really going to do is guages, intake (have one laying around), 5" tb exahust 4" db (from diamond eye) and an SCT with elite diesal tunes, possibly do the zoodak mod, bb mod, ccv mod any dyi mods really and dont plan to delete my egr or anything like that until that time comes because i have extended warranty on it and all those mods can easily be taken off along with the sct, my tech from what i have heard is alright with exhaust and intakes.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 AM

fuel pressure is a good one to monitor also. Never thought about the water temp gauge. Fuel pressure is good to get and watch so you can make sure your injectors are getting enough fuel. I would 1500* egt if you have a sct and run it hard you should never get above 1600*. I cant get my truck past 1450*
Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillo40 View Post
i was debating doing the water temp instead of fuel pressure, since i dont have studs and i could monitor collant temps. Sorry not tryin to hijack. What do ya think?
Just get the Edge Insight and you can have it all, this is a great tool and it looks cool. I'm running the fuel in a steering wheel column.
2 stroker
Old 06-04-2010, 10:18 AM

2 stroker is right...the most optimal setup is an Edge Insight...gives you everything you want...except FP. Water temp is a great parameter to monitor...but I'd still opt for FP over ECT. As for the CAI or aftermarket air filter...not needed unless you are planning to run in excess of 500hp...325hp stock + any 150hp tune will net you 475hp...if you are running over that...you need to keep it on the track. Also, keep in mind...that if you drop a turbo, your dealer tech has no choice in the matter of denying a claim due to the modded intake...unless you keep the stock OEM filter and change it before letting the dealer open the hood. As for EGT gauge...1500*F is fine...anything over that you need to lift the throttle anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.