Possibly Purchasing an '07 350 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possibly Purchasing an '07 350 6.0

I am looking into purchasing an '07 F-350 XLT 6.0 Diesel and I have done a little research on these trucks and notice the torque is quite impressive at 570 ft lbs torque at only 2000rpms and hrspwr is impressive as well at 325 at 3,300rpm's

The thing that is throwing me off is 15 quarts of oil. That is a hell of alot of oil for a 363 cubic inch motor. Do these trucks still require the same oil change intervals as every other truck? 3 months or 5,000km's?

Compression seems to be adequate at 18.0:1 as my '95 Silverado dually is running 21.5:1

What else should I be looking out for on a used Powerstroke?

The truck I am interested in has 180,000 km's and is priced at $18,900.00 cnd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rumbler View Post
I am looking into purchasing an '07 F-350 XLT 6.0 Diesel and I have done a little research on these trucks and notice the torque is quite impressive at 570 ft lbs torque at only 2000rpms and hrspwr is impressive as well at 325 at 3,300rpm's

The thing that is throwing me off is 15 quarts of oil. That is a hell of alot of oil for a 363 cubic inch motor. Do these trucks still require the same oil change intervals as every other truck? 3 months or 5,000km's?

Compression seems to be adequate at 18.0:1 as my '95 Silverado dually is running 21.5:1

What else should I be looking out for on a used Powerstroke?

The truck I am interested in has 180,000 km's and is priced at $18,900.00 cnd.
That has to be over 100K right. Well get an Oasis Report and that will tell you everything that Ford has fixed. Casting sand is a killer on the oil coolers they get plugged so a coolent filter is a must. Yes they hold 15gts of oil and the max is 5000 miles the injectors run in the oil, and low fuel pressure will also kill injectors. 2 stroker
Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 AM

This setup utilizes engine oil as hydraulic fluid for the injection system. The change intervals vary depending upon who you ask or what you refer to. These engines require regular maintenance; if you are planning on extending oil change intervals I would recommend the use of a bypass filtration system and regular oil testing to monitor oil condition and additive levels.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What are some common problems with the '03 - '07 6/.0L.

I see alot of comments on the head gaskets and head bolts along with the EGR system. I really do not want to fool around with the EGR system due to federal by-laws. I have been fined before due to missing emissions equipment.

I was curious as to why the engine contained 15 quarts of oil but now I know. That is 8 quarts more then the 5.4 gasser and could potentially be an additional $200.00-$300.00 a year on oil alone. Not that I am complaining just making a point.

I already have two gassers and just bought a 6.5 silverado dually which I am selling and would prefer to buy another diesel.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ive got a 05 6.0L and it takes 15 or 16 but my oil changes in my book says its ok to go about 7500 miles on 1 oil change
Old 05-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The 6.0 pump between 16&18 gallons per minute so 5 qts would not cut it. One other thing use only MotorCraft filters, have a look here.
2 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.