MAX HP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MAX HP

i am wondering what the max power i can get out of a 6.0 is with just a stud kit exhaust an tunes what will the stock turbo do will it make more than 29 lbs will the injectors keep up i am looking for like 475 hp or more or les is this possible and who can make me a good tune to do this???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The best you can do without doing injectors is ~450. This would be with custom, custom FICM programming and a fuel system.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

really thought u could do more
Old 05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
one day at a time

stock injectors are the biggest limiting factor. Low to mid 400 RWHP max on stock injectors. If you want any more than that out of a 6.0 it will cost you....
Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

so the stock turbo is good for more but the injectors suck what can i get hp wise with just injectors and a stock turbo could i get 500hp with just inj swap and tune?
Old 05-16-2010, 01:11 PM
one day at a time

What supporting mods do you have done so far? If you want your truck to be reliable it will take a lot more than just throwing a 1500-2000 set of injectors in it.

Injectors alone with really good custom tuning will get you north of 450. I don't like throwing a hard number out there because if you dyno it they're all going to be a little bit different. The only way I know to prove HP without a doubt is at the track.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Lt. Negativity

Actually you can produce some decent numbers on a stock set-up but your pushing the limits. Matt at Gearhead did 490hp I believe on a basic stock truck, with egr delete, intake, exhaust, ficm and 6 speed. But that is maxing out the motor so not sure how long it would last and thats custom tuning.

You can upgrade your injectors with a stock turbo but then your maxing the stocker with that much fuel, so your not getting the right amount of air. You wont get the best numbers caues of the set-up. Like said already everything has a supporting mod to it it goes hand in hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.