Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ORG TECHS PLEASE READ

3K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  Goose350 
#1 · (Edited)
was just glancing thru the 6.0 tech files , would like to see if you guys can help with a few more how to do items for the 6.0 , pm me or just post here if you ave some time and we can see what would help other members

if a member wants to do a write up on a how to do , including pics would be great also

#8 ·
ya it does need some updating powerstrokenation has some nice write ups and sites like the 6.0 bible

#9 ·
I should have a pretty good parts list in the next month or so for a complete head gasket, egr, oil cooler replacement. I've got most of it but will post after it is done.

#11 ·
was just glancing thru the 6.0 tech files , would like to see if you guys can help with a few more how to do items for the 6.0 , pm me or just post here if you ave some time and we can see what would help other members

if a member wants to do a write up on a how to do , including pics would be great also
Scuffy, I agree. I post many "what I've done's" on the FTE forum, but even as a org.supporter I don't have access to even post an input for consideration here on the Org. I usually just put a link in my post or response to my FTE stuff...kinda lame, but at least I'm still helping others. I'm not a Tech YET....21 years U.S. Navy and now a USN contractor, but I am going back to Automotive Tech school at night and will be taking my first ASE's in May. How can guys like me (who are Org.supporters) post input? Thanks...Tom

#13 ·
You cant post in the tech files, but all you got to do is make a thread with what you did and tell a mod about it like Evil Eye said.

We need more stuff, even the simple stuff. I bet there are quite a few people on here that would love to see a "How to change your oil" write up.

#12 ·
We are ALWAYS open to submissions. If you want to write up a "what you've done" article to post here, we would be grateful and could move it to the tech files for you. :thumb:

#17 ·
Like Grayson said, we don't care how simple you think it is, somebody is probably just now learning about how to maintain their diesel vehicle for the first time. We were all there at one time and now we have an opportunity to pass along that information to someone else. Especially for folks who don't get on the ORG to post... :thumb:

#19 ·
Great job, Andy! I've moved it to the 6.0L Maintenance Info forum. Thanks!

#22 ·
Very awesome Andy :thumb: I plan on making a write up on the rear end fluid change. I just got to wait for the rain to let up so I can take some pics.
Looks simple enough...:thumb: - Do you use any swear words in this procedure??? Just asking - I don't if it helps, but sometimes they pop up...um...out while working... :hehe:
No, it went pretty smooth :wink[3]:. It was the second time I did it so I at least I had a clue what I was doing.

#24 ·
Good deal, Mark! Thanks for your support.

#26 ·
It is in a sub-forum of the tech files called 6.0L repair help. :thumb:

#27 ·
I was just going to suggest, that Mark (bismic) has a LOT of info on the 6.0. He emailed it all to me, and I have it saved on the home computer :nod:

#29 ·
Yep, Mark's been around and by that, I mean he's been around... :hehe: Mark sent me some info several years ago with stuff he's collected. He's a fart smeller.... Um, I mean a smart feller. :nod:

Now it is :poke
Dude, that wasn't me... Not sure who did it. :dunno: I'm blaming Dave... :wink[3]:

#37 ·
Thanks, Clay. I've copied those first few posts into the General Tech Info sub-forum. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.