Newbie help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie help

I just bought an 05 Harley F250 with 95k clean oasis on it, Since this is my firsts diesel I began looking into the forums now i think wow what have I done!! head gaskets egr problems !! are ther any good 6.0s there is an airraid intake with a superchips 1805 tuner on the milage xs tune. I love the truck just a bit concerned now>> any help or peace of mind suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Premium Member

Dude, relax. You may verywell never have problems. These things are an issue for some people. You may have read 30-40 (or even 100-200) people on here that have had these problems. There are 42 kagillion 6.0's on the road, percentage wise, your odds of having a trouble free engine are pretty good. There are things you can do to help your odds, studs, EGR delete.... Some people do it right away, some wait til the need arises, some never have a problem.

Not saying all is rosey though. I would be a little worried about that Superchips...
Old 02-16-2010, 05:14 AM

Well looking at it that way is a lot better!!! I just got wrapped up in the gloom and doom horror stories !
Old 02-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
to the ORG!!

What you are going to see are a lot of the bad side of motors on forums. They all have their issues and the 6.0 has more than its share. With 95k on the clock it is probably a good one though especially with a clean oasis. Just be prepared for the EGR valve to choke up at some point on you. And like was said ditch the superchips and get a custom tuned SCT if you want it tuned.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:41 AM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
For the 2005 model years, you'll see every 1 in 1,000 trucks with problems... Our 6.0 here happens to be one of the 1 in 1,000
Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 PM

Well I feel a lot better now thanks for all the feedback !!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke Techie

If you want to not run into major problems keep up your maintenance. Oil and filter every 5,000 miles, fuel filter every 15,000, change coolant every 60,000, use only motorcraft gold coolant. Do not mix coolers of coolant. This will make sludge in your oil cooler and cause it to fail. Most egr cooler failures are a result of a restricted oil cooler. Also make sure that you keep good batteries in it. Replace them in pairs is recommended. Bad batteries make your ficm work harder and has been linked to causing them to fail. Run good clean fuel. Use a cetane booster it will help keep the carbon from building up as bad and keep your egr valve working properly.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

congrats on the truck!! i am looking at one my self 07 HD, just keep up whit the services, some fuel additive now and them, you will be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.