Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Voiding the warranty

669 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Cumminskiller2007 
#1 ·
Im buying my wife an 06' SD if I remove the cat will it void the warranty?

#2 ·
Simply put...Yes. If it came with one, then there has to be one on there "When" it has any maintenance at the dealer.....get my meaning?:thumb:

#3 ·
You need to talk to your dealership. Some are ok with it missing and some aren't. It really just depends on your dealership.

#4 ·
Ok figured that was gonna be the answer ill ask the dealer, probably be ok with it gone, small dealer ran by good people not i high fulunn city folk absessed with the EPAs BS, no offense to anybody but I can't count on both hands and feet how many people have cussed at me for blowin black smoke " Im killing the enviroment" ya OK

#5 ·
I can't count on both hands and feet how many people have cussed at me for blowin black smoke " Im killing the enviroment" ya OK
and they have no idea that the chemicals in the special hybrid batteries are far more toxic than the soot you are putting into the air. :doh: but its perfectly fine because its a "green" vehicle.

#8 ·
My dealer had no issue with me removing my cat, they have since done warranty work. They said it is external to the engine and may change emissions at the tail pipe but could not cause any problems.
Best thing is just ask them.

#9 ·
Ya the only benifit i know from the cat is removing it,LOL but my brother ran a straight pipe, and programmer on his dodge from the day it was bought, but its a dodge not a ford

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.