dual steering stablizier which one - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dual steering stablizier which one

I have a 2004 4x4 and was wondering which dual stabilizer to install also how hard is it to install. If you guys have pictures of yours installed please post them because looks are important as well as function with a lifted truck you see them when you walk up to the truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just installed mine last weekend. Pretty easy just a little over an hour to install. I used the pro comp with fox shocks. Looks good installed.
Attached Thumbnails
dual steering stablizier which one-front.jpg  

Last edited by Red Ex; 02-13-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:55 AM

What are the advantages of a steering stabilizer? Just seems like it would restrict your steering response.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

^ wondering the same thing
Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

helps with extra strain on the steering system when you have larger tires my drag link snapped on my truck thankfully i was only backing out of the drive way but my tought is that with the dual setup maybe if the drag link snapped going down the road the truck would go somewhat in a straight line I'm not sure if that would be the case or not but anything to reduce strain on the steering system I'm all for it. If the truck doesn't run it is just a bad day no one hurt. If the drag link or tie rod ball joints snap the truck will probaly be on it's roof at the least it could kill you, your family, or that little kid in the car next to you. Everyone likes to make their trucks run faster and will spend unlimited money on I'm willing to spend 200 on a dual steering setup atleast I can say that I did everything I knew to do.Any help in the selection of mine.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:06 PM

It seems like it would actually be more of a strain on the steering. Instead of just having to turn the heavier tires you also have the resistance of the 2 shocks. I could see if you had a problem with bump steer but most cars don't have that issue anymore. If your alignment is correct and a steering component goes your truck should still track pretty straight. Shouldn't automatically roll.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Taylor View Post
It seems like it would actually be more of a strain on the steering. Instead of just having to turn the heavier tires you also have the resistance of the 2 shocks. I could see if you had a problem with bump steer but most cars don't have that issue anymore. If your alignment is correct and a steering component goes your truck should still track pretty straight. Shouldn't automatically roll.
I know what you mean by "most cars don't have that issue anymore", but these aren't most cars...I hit a pretty good size pothole...and I get bump steering shimmys, so I will be putting one on my truck that isn't even lifted yet and still has P26570R17's (4" planned this Spring with 35 12.5. 18's).
Old 02-14-2010, 05:28 PM

You might not have that problem once you get your 35's. Potholes don't affect big tires as much. I've only had 35's on my truck but have never had an issue with bump steer.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Good to hear.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I run the dual shock Rough Country stabilizer, and my only suspension mod is Bilstein HD shocks. Combined they really tighten up the steering, no bump steer and very stable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.