Got some bad news guys :( - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got some bad news guys :(

last wensday my 06 ended up on its top. Dont know if it is going to be reparable. my friend was drivin it down the road and hit a patch of ice, and sent it towards the ditch. At least everyone was ok. I was lookin at the 2010 f-350's today just in case. Kinda sucks 8,000 left on the loan and only had 45,000 miles on the truck. Insurance adjuster is supposed to come look at it this comming monday, but after progressives 100 star questionaire she said it scored a 55 with just I was telling her. She said it could go either way without actually seeing the damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sucks to hear dude.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
thats sucks bud, sorry to hear that, atleast everyone was ok.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Ah man, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear that! My 04 is in the shop, gonna get fixed soon. I went to get tires put on a month ago and I got them on and last week my wheel and tire came off... I was goin' about 50 when it happened and everybody said they were thankful I was ok, so now I gotta get a new wheel and hub cap, lugs and lug nuts, rotor, and who knows what else. I was mad, but at least I was ok. Not that you wanted to hear that but man, it's good to see your ok. Trucks are replaceable... lives... not so much.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 AM

Sorry about your truck, but glad everyone is okay. It will be totaled with cab damage, sorry to say. Where are you located? I've been looking for a newer project truck, so if it does total I may be interested in buying the salvage.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:37 PM

Yeah, I kindof thought so. I was lookin all weekend for another truck already. Found a black 08 F-350 6.4 cc sb, and also was looking at the 2010's Really not much to choose from where I live. Black is always a good choice, but I really like that gun metel grey like on my 06. seen a bunch of nice ones in utah on ebay.

Cartmanea, I live in East Grand Forks MN.. I agree, it would be a good project truck for sure. I took really good care of the thing since I bought it with around 14 miles on it. The motor must of been one of the better 6.0's because I diddnt have a stich of problems with it.. besides it gelling up on me a few times. Always took it in for oil changes every 5,000 miles and every 10,000 on fuel filters. the thing drives perfect still is what my friend told me. Looks like I will have a couple things for sale got the recon tinted mirror lights, amsoil/injen intake. and does anyone want a set of the non elephant mirrors? Ive had them laying around since 03. Brand new in the box, never installed on anything
Old 02-14-2010, 12:50 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck and the most important this is nobody was hurt. If I was in your situation, I would fight tooth and nail for a total of your truck. A rollover can cause a lot of unforeseen problems. If the insurance company does not total your truck…..I would hold out for the new 2011 if you got the bucks to swing the deal…either way… Good Luck
Old 02-15-2010, 07:06 PM

I just got some news from the insurance company today. I really do want to have a total loss of this thing. I agree, their is going to be some hidden problems on it. Not sure if they will go for it but I'm going to try my hardest.... anyhow. The dammage after the insurance company seen it was 15,200. If it does get totaled out, they are going to give me 32,000 for it. They had a flatbed wrecker come and pick it up and bring it to the body shop so they could kindof clean it up and have them give their opinion all the dammage. I should of told the gal on the phone on last Friday just to total it out instead of having them to take a peek at it. I'm thinking I'm screwed now.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Banned

so whats the stats on the insurance?
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 AM

Havent gotten the new insurance payment yet. They did give me close to 35.000 for it though. Sorry I diddnt ask about how much the buy back would be. Sooooo heres the deal. I have a brand new 2010 6.4 gun metel grey cc on order! diddnt get the moon roof or navigation that I was wanting, but oh well. Its still on the damn train though Im getting a little antzy on waiting for it though... since im driving a friggin ford tauras for a rental at 200.00 a week lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.