Powerstroke Certified? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Powerstroke Certified?

I believe this is my first post, so hey to all! I'm a member of at FTE and decided I should be on both

My question is : currently I am in an Advanced Diesel Tech class for 2 years. I plan on getting my ASE certification soon, I just need to verify if they do online classes, and then I want to become Powerstroke certified. I want to be certified on the Ford diesels. Does anyone know if this is even possible, and if so, how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ford diesel certification is totaly seprate from ase certification. Ase is not even required for being master tech certified just 5 five years at a dealership.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know its seperate. I was asking how to become ford diesel certified. I was just asking if I could take ASE online.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:13 PM

no you cant take ase online , only in the test centers ,ford certification requires working for a ford dealership or going to a school that teaches a ford program think uti,
Old 02-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
you can go through the ASSET program, but you will cover everything ford related not diesel though, you will have to do the diesel cirriculum once working in the dealer. they also offer the FACT program as an add-on at most tech schools like UTI ect. if you really want to wrench on these powerstrokes for a living, you are sick for one j/k lol the ASSET program is the way to go. takes 2 years or so, but you come out senior master get some experience, work your way through the diesel cirr and there u r.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM

you can take all the ford classes in school but the only way to be master tech is five years working at the dealership.no other way around that . ask me how i know ?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

lol. I'm just looking to have a title that gets me more Ford business. I plan to start a business, and just wanted to be able to say I'm certified to work on you motor sir
Old 02-07-2010, 06:06 PM

IMHO - word of mouth will get you more business than any certification will.

From what it sounds like the Ford master tech is much better than ASE. No offense to any of the ASE folks on here but... I have seen ASE techs that did not know what they were doing, they could pass the test but not do the hands on.

When I was working in field I never did worry about ASE but I did get a couple manufacturer specific certifications because the dealer paid for them. Got a few free trips out of town and a few days working at a regional training center. BTW - I was at a Nissan dealer and it has been about 13 years since I worked there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.