emission warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
emission warranty

I know i read somewhere on here that you dont have to pay the $100 deductable for emission equipment. It says injectors, "fuel injection", are emmision covered. I looked in the warranty book and it says no charge for parts, labor, and diagnose. I cant find anything that says you dont have to pay the deductable. Im having a problem with my truck and ford wants the $100. I talked to another tech at a different dealer and he says I still have to pay the $100, that there dealer has always charged the fee. Am i right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2010, 05:09 PM

I should also have said where can I find the info on it if I not supossed to pay the fee. the warranty book isnt helpful on the deductable fee.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 PM

I have paid the deductable for every repair I have had done, when I had the ficm replaced Ford sent me a check in the mail for the deductable but I still had to pay it up front.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This happened to me recently. FICM tooka sh.. and left me beside the road, fortunately not far from home. Had to have it towed to the dealer I bought it from.
Not knowing different, I paid the deductible.
Learned here afterward that I shouldn't have. Still under emissions warranty.
Questioned the dealer and went armed with documentary help from Big Angry Hillbilly from here.
Service manager didn't seem to know much one way or the other, but said Ford would kick the deductible back if it wasn't part of it (I knew by now it wasn't).
Week or ten days later, I got the deductible back, and Ford paid the tow as well, which nobody had mentioned was a possibility.
That surprised me. Service manager said about the tow sometimes they do and sometimes they don't - he never knows which way that one will fall so he doesn't say anything to people about it(?).
This is an old family dealership and I've bought a lot of trucks there. They've always treated me right. They weren't playing games but could have been more communicative. Their attitude seemed to be to submit the paperwork to Ford and Ford would tell them what goes.
Fine, but my advice would be to do your research (there's a lot of good help to be had here) and stay on top of it yourself to make sure you get the right answer.
Go to the dealer with your facts and be quiet but firm. No point in getting in anybody's face: they don't like it any better than we do and it won't get you anywhere.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Same thing he said just happened to me as well. The dealer charged me a deductible up front, then got the deductible back once Ford kicked it back. I guess the dealer figures it is easier to do it that way instead of not charging you and calling you up down the road asking for the money!

It doesn't make sense to me how a Ford dealer doesn't know what is covered under which warranty!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Angry Service Work after Warranty Work

Little Help Please

I hve a question for the Techs or anyone else.

I purchased a 2005 F350 CC FX4 Dually King Ranch with 92k miles. It was originally bought in Nov. 2004. So yes my warranty is out, but in Nov. 2009 the EGR Valve was replaced under warranty by ford. In Jan 2010 (1.5 months later) I got stuck out of town. Got it to the local Ford house and they said that the EGR Valve was stuck open and failed EGR test. They charged me approx $200 to remove and clean EGR Valve. Should this have been covered by the 12mth/12k mile warranty on the previous work done 2 months prior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.