Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6in lift

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Strokin6Liters 
#1 ·
If I put a 6in lift on my 05 F250 do i need to lengthen the brake lines? Any other things I might need to know. I have worked on other trucks putting lifts on but never a 6.0

#2 ·
Definately the front 2 and rear single center. I would also add a dual front steering stabilizer.

#3 ·
Most usually your kit will come with brackets to relocated the brake line mount down lower. So, no you 'usually' do not have to buy longer lines.

#4 ·
Anybody else?

#6 ·
#9 ·
He said the shims and brake brackets were included. It sounds like a complete kit so I assume the ubolts are included and if they aren't its still a good deal. The only problem is shipping might break the deal

#11 ·
Do you know any good ways to ship something that heavy

#13 ·
Well the quote he got was $430 and that was on a pallet. He said it weighs about 300 pounds

#14 ·
You would think you could box it up and get by a lot cheaper. At least no more than $200. The huge size of the pallet is what's skyrocketing the price. I'd get in shipped in multiple boxes if he can. That way it keeps the overall size down, so it can be shipped by UPS or FedEx.

#15 ·
Yeah thats what I'm trying to do. I'm just waiting on him to get another quote

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.