2005 UPFITTER switches, idle mod on #1 what to do with the others? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aledo
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 UPFITTER switches, idle mod on #1 what to do with the others?

Since i have been doing some work on my truck this week i went ahead and did the idle mod on upfitter switch #1. What do you guys and gals have hooked up to your upfitter switches? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moyock, NC
Posts: 896
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have already used the #4 switch for the high idle mod....I guess I'd use the remaining for a Switch to shift the steering wheel horn control switch from stock to air horn relay (incidentally has anyone already done this and if so, could you share how you did it, preferably with pics), Another switch could be used to turn on/off aux reverse lights for tow hookup at night, another switch could be used to control and externally mounted air compressor used to inflate tires, air shocks, etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 AM
My 6OH Hates Me


 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nexus of the Universe
Posts: 24,702
Thanks: 8
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the lights on my bumper hooked up to 3 & 4 I have 1 & 2 empty at the moment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moyock, NC
Posts: 896
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mins View Post
Since i have been doing some work on my truck this week i went ahead and did the idle mod on upfitter switch #1. What do you guys and gals have hooked up to your upfitter switches? Thanks.
I'd use either the #3 or #4 switch for the high idle mod, since they are both protected with 10amp fuses as opposed to #1 and #2 switches that are 30amp fused. 30amp would be overkill for the high idle mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Posts: 3,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoyockPowerstroke View Post
I have already used the #4 switch for the high idle mod....I guess I'd use the remaining for a Switch to shift the steering wheel horn control switch from stock to air horn relay (incidentally has anyone already done this and if so, could you share how you did it, preferably with pics), Another switch could be used to turn on/off aux reverse lights for tow hookup at night, another switch could be used to control and externally mounted air compressor used to inflate tires, air shocks, etc..
For the train horns i think you would need a 3 pos. switch
on
off
on

Top on would be factory horn
off would be blank
bottom on would be train horn

I dont think that you could do that with the upfitter switches unless you rewire it and im not sure if it would work then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aledo
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoyockPowerstroke View Post
I'd use either the #3 or #4 switch for the high idle mod, since they are both protected with 10amp fuses as opposed to #1 and #2 switches that are 30amp fused. 30amp would be overkill for the high idle mod.
Thanks, I have not buttoned it up so i will swap it to number 3 or 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,186
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Run a switch for your heated mirrors if you wanted. Most years the mirrors are on when ever the key is on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Langley, BC, Canada
Posts: 631
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by choupique108 View Post
For the train horns i think you would need a 3 pos. switch
on
off
on

Top on would be factory horn
off would be blank
bottom on would be train horn

I dont think that you could do that with the upfitter switches unless you rewire it and im not sure if it would work then
Thats the way I have my train horn setup. I dont think you can use the upfitter because the upfitter switches are just a on/off switch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 223
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I used on to have another power source for my sat. radio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors