Fuel Injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Injectors

What are the CC's for stock injectors on the 6.0? I thought about gettin' bigger injectors and I was wonderin' if I maybe needed to get a bigger/better fuel pump and/or fuel lines than my stock ones. (Have stock fuel pump and lines.)

Last edited by Brody133; 02-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Brody133 is offline  
post #2 of 11 Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
1978psd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Moyock
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
140cc for SD 7.3 stock injectors and 90cc for the obs single shot injectors

1996 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
tymar intake, CPR mod, CCV mod, tripple pilar pod with boost, trans temp and EGT, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust with 5" tip

AND

1978 F-250 4x4 ranger
400 engine, 4-barrel carb, aluminum intake, chrome kit, C6 trans, race track molding
1978psd is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 02-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stoker0560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Grimes, Iowa
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody133 View Post
What are the CC's for stock injectors on the 6.0? I thought about gettin' bigger injectors and I was wonderin' if I maybe needed to get a bigger/better fuel pump and/or fuel lines than my stock ones. (Have stock fuel pump and lines.)
Upgraded fuel system is a must! The stock fuel system can barely keep up with the stock sticks, let alone bigger ones. i believe stock stick are 120cc but they actually only put out about 100cc.. dont quote me on that but i believe thats what i was told..I would look into an AirDog2 DF130.. thats what im most likely going to get for mine, its a stand alone adjustable pump. it alone will make your stock injectors very happy! Maybe do a crossover at the back of the heads with the AD2 also, to balance pressure at the heads..also you will want a fuel pressure gauge so you can accurately adjust the pressure at the pump.

there are also other pumps and set-ups out there, just have to find the best set-up for your needs, everyone has a different opinion on fuel systems,

but like i said, fuel system FIRST, bigger injectors SECOND!

09 F450 CC LB lariat 6.4 black on black 23k miles, stock.. (For now)...


97 F250 SC LB 4x4 7.3 05 Superduty axels, 18" King Ranch Rims, "under the knife"

Former 6.0 Owner. (05,05,03)
Stoker0560 is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker0560 View Post
Upgraded fuel system is a must! The stock fuel system can barely keep up with the stock sticks, let alone bigger ones. i believe stock stick are 120cc but they actually only put out about 100cc.. dont quote me on that but i believe thats what i was told..I would look into an AirDog2 DF130.. thats what im most likely going to get for mine, its a stand alone adjustable pump. it alone will make your stock injectors very happy! Maybe do a crossover at the back of the heads with the AD2 also, to balance pressure at the heads..also you will want a fuel pressure gauge so you can accurately adjust the pressure at the pump.

there are also other pumps and set-ups out there, just have to find the best set-up for your needs, everyone has a different opinion on fuel systems,

but like i said, fuel system FIRST, bigger injectors SECOND!

Ok, thanks! That's just the help I needed. Well, I guess I'll have to wait a little bit for all that... need to save up a little.
Brody133 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978psd View Post
140cc for SD 7.3 stock injectors and 90cc for the obs single shot injectors
If you had read his post instead of just vomiting useless information you would see he is asking about 6.0L injectors.

2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost SuperCrew 6.5' 4x4
cartmanea is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator


 
PGreenSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 18 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Actually the 6.0 injectors are about 135cc. It depends on what size injectors you want to install whether you HAVE to upgrade the fuel system but there are other good reasons to do so.
PGreenSVT is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 02-06-2010, 07:22 PM
scuffs *****

 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oakwood, OH
Posts: 5,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyler
6.0 Injectors are 120CC, but the computer will ONLY allow 100CC of fuel to flow.... if your wanting to go bigger, you can go to 155's with no issue.

Sr. Engineering Tech/OPS Technician @ Your local cable company.
1997 7.3L PSD
| 4" MBRP Exhaust | S&B CAI | Torque Converter Lock-Up Switch | Exhaust Brake | FPR Shim |DB High Torque Starter | 188,000 Miles | Xtreme Daily Tune | SOLD

2014 Ford Fusion SE
| 1.6 EcoBoost | 6-Speed Manual | The basics and some goodies |
Tyler is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 02-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Ihre Mama mag mich


 
Ozone-etr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: im Doppelpunkt nach links
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
6.0 Injectors are 120CC, but the computer will ONLY allow 100CC of fuel to flow.... if your wanting to go bigger, you can go to 155's with no issue.
that being said are the 155cc injectors considered to be thoes claim to fame 90 hse upgrades?

Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.
Ozone-etr1 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 02-06-2010, 07:28 PM
scuffs *****

 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oakwood, OH
Posts: 5,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone-etr1 View Post
that being said are the 155cc injectors considered to be thoes claim to fame 90 hse upgrades?
It all depends on your tuner..... a studded 6.0 with a good xtreme race tune can put 420 to the wheels, and 155's with a good tune can put out about 500 to the wheels.

Sr. Engineering Tech/OPS Technician @ Your local cable company.
1997 7.3L PSD
| 4" MBRP Exhaust | S&B CAI | Torque Converter Lock-Up Switch | Exhaust Brake | FPR Shim |DB High Torque Starter | 188,000 Miles | Xtreme Daily Tune | SOLD

2014 Ford Fusion SE
| 1.6 EcoBoost | 6-Speed Manual | The basics and some goodies |
Tyler is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 02-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Ihre Mama mag mich


 
Ozone-etr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: im Doppelpunkt nach links
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sct/ mat&eric no studs yetbut i need to get some injectors mines failn fast

Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.
Ozone-etr1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome