What service do you offer during snow storms? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What service do you offer during snow storms?

We have a benefit of owning heavy 4wd's that generally do awesome in the snow - at least I know mine does awesome in the snow. Very little problem do I ever have.

So this weekend there is a wallop of a storm coming to the East Coast Maryland are. Friends at NASA and other organizations are telling me to get ready - this storm has the ability to be the "big one". Computations are everwhere from 12" - 48" of snow that could be dumped this weekend.

Since I dont have a plow on my truck - and being unemployed - wont be getting one anytime soon -

What do you do for service to the communities when it snows? When the roads generally are not passible buy the average vehicle - all the stupid car drivers that should not be on the road are now stuck in their driveways and all the little AWD cars and SUV's are spun out on the shoulders (generally cause their drivers are unexperienced and has the formidable false sense of security the AWD starts you with - forget you still have to stop!) What will you do - for those in the mindset of service to the community?

I am calling the hospitals to be put on the list for Dr. / nurse pickups.

What else to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 PM

I live in the DC area. We had a pretty good snow late December. I just drive around with my shackle, strap, and shovel and pull people out. People stuck everywhere, made $260 in 4 hours. Tow trucks were driving around charging $150 a pop, and I did not ask anyone for $ just took it when offered. After a few hours I had a sheriff following me around to block the road when I hooked up to people(thought I was gonna get *****ed at).
Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sins4u33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizsla View Post
I live in the DC area. We had a pretty good snow late December. I just drive around with my shackle, strap, and shovel and pull people out. People stuck everywhere, made $260 in 4 hours. Tow trucks were driving around charging $150 a pop, and I did not ask anyone for $ just took it when offered. After a few hours I had a sheriff following me around to block the road when I hooked up to people(thought I was gonna get *****ed at).
I was doing the same thing, this weekend we are suppose to get slammed, they are calling for 12-18 inches of snow friday-saturday, should be interesting. I made about 160$ during the december snow storm. See what happens this weekend

Ben Y
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Dont have a plow on the truck but we own a restaurant in town. When I clear the restaurant parking lot with the tractor I do the drivethru bank across the street as well as the main bank a block or so west. Also two convience stores on the west side of town.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHMissions View Post
We have a benefit of owning heavy 4wd's that generally do awesome in the snow - at least I know mine does awesome in the snow. Very little problem do I ever have.

So this weekend there is a wallop of a storm coming to the East Coast Maryland are. Friends at NASA and other organizations are telling me to get ready - this storm has the ability to be the "big one". Computations are everwhere from 12" - 48" of snow that could be dumped this weekend.

Since I dont have a plow on my truck - and being unemployed - wont be getting one anytime soon -

What do you do for service to the communities when it snows? When the roads generally are not passible buy the average vehicle - all the stupid car drivers that should not be on the road are now stuck in their driveways and all the little AWD cars and SUV's are spun out on the shoulders (generally cause their drivers are unexperienced and has the formidable false sense of security the AWD starts you with - forget you still have to stop!) What will you do - for those in the mindset of service to the community?

I am calling the hospitals to be put on the list for Dr. / nurse pickups.

What else to do?
Don't forget "Meals On Wheels" type of needs. Check your local Hospice also. They might need nurses to go check on patients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.