SCT PROBLEM?? TRUCK WONT START!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT PROBLEM?? TRUCK WONT START!!

i had a custom tune loaded from idp and and went to swith to a strategy tune because of the cold weather on a sct sf3. i live in ohio and it was going down to 5* here. the tune loaded fine and did everyhting like normal but when i went to start the truck it would not crank. i tried to return the truck to stock but it comes back that it is the incorrect vehicle error 1027. i also tried to see what the strategy was and came back strategy not found. i saved my stock tune to my compter back when i got the tuner, if than can help. i sent sct an e-mail and left a message on the phone. i have not herd from them yet but it is sunday, i hope to here from them tomorrow. i dont know what to do but wait to here from sct or take truck to the dealer and have it reflashed. thanks for any and all help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 07:48 PM

SCT will be able to help you convert your saved back up oem flash to your device to re-program return to stock. For now I would go thru the vgt relearn. disconnect both batteries. Then using two separate sets of jumper cables cross connect the positive and negative cables on both passenger and driver sides. Turn the headlights on for 10 minutes. While this is going on ...go ahead and load test both batteries...first make sure they are charged to at least 12.6v each. Then turn the headlights off, remove the jumper cables, reconnect both batteries. Cycle the KOEO, wait for fuel heater signal to go out, then turn key off...wait 10 seconds, then repeat. Then start the truck and let it idle for 5 minutues....then after about 15-30 miles of normal driving, you should be good to go. After all this check your strategy and see about reloading the custom tunes. Are your customs tunes written to match your trucks current strategy? Is your device canned tunes updated to match your trucks current strategy? They have toi match, so be sure to check. Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 PM

truck is running thanks to the great customer service Sean gave me at SCT. they did take my stock tune i emailed them and loaded a recovery file. i then loaded it up in the truck and that was it. thanks sct!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.