Would you buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would you buy?

Here's the Oasis.

WARRANTY START DATE
10/26/2005

Cust Comments: HAS AN OIL LEAK
Tech Comments: OIL LEAK DIAG REPLACE OIL COOLER AND GASKET

Cust Comments: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON
Tech Comments: WDS DIAG KOEO SELF TEST CODE PO 270 INJECTOR #4 CIRCUIT HIGH ELECTRIC TEST FAULT FICM CIRCUIT FAUL; INJ.4 REPLACE FICM. RETEST ELECTRIK OK LEFT SIDE VALVE COVER GASKET OIL LEAK REPLACE RETEST OK.

Cust Comments: CUSTOMER SAID QUTI WHILE DRIVING RAN ROUGH BLOWS BLACK SMOKE
Tech Comments: 34397 VERIFIED COMPLAINT FOUND EGR VALVE STICKING 061906C 2.3 VERIFIED COMPLAINT PERFORMED EEC TEST FOUND CODES P0402, P0404 STORED IN PCM, PERFORMED EGR VALVE TEST EGR TEST FAILED. REMOVED EGR VALVE CLEANED AND RETESTED EGR VALVE EGR STILL FAILED. REPLACED EGR VALVE AND RETESTED ALL OK AT THIS TIME

Cust Comments: CUSTOMER STATES THAT THE TRUCK HAD SMOKE FROM EXHAUST, WAS OVERHEATING AND HAD TO ADD COOLANT
Tech Comments: 36276 EGR COOLER VERF CUST CONCERN THEN PERF DIESEL DIAG AND FND GOOD FUEL PRESSURE AT 55 PSI, PASS ALL EXHAUST AND INTAKE TST ECC TST AND FND P0401, P0404, P0405, EGR CODES THEN PERF EGR VALVE TST AND FN D EGR VALVE FAIL REMOVED EGR VALVE AND FND COOL ANT IN THE INTAKE THEN PERF COOLANT PRESSURE TST AND FND INTERNAL LEAK IN THE EGR COOLER FND TSB 06 21 02. PERF TSB AND THEN

Cust Comments: CUSTOMER STATES..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON...LACKS POWER
Tech Comments: 42415 C CODE 55,C PART 9F452 6005F,F1,F1X1,F12,F18,F25,F20,12650D30,12650D80,12 650D84 VERIFIED CONCERN.PERFORMED EEC TEST KOEO,KOER,CODE PO299,MONITOR DLC DISPLAY.PERFORMED FUEL PRESSURE TEST,PERFORMED EGR POSITION TEST.PERFORMED VGT TEST,PERFORMED BOOST TEST.FOUND EGR O RINGS DISTORTED AND LEAKING. TIME TO CLEAN EGR VALVE AND REPLACED O RINGS.TIME TO RECALIBRATE PCM TO

Cust Comments: CK ENGINE LACKS POWER ON ACCEL AT 60 MPH
Tech Comments: DIESEL ENGINE DIAG SELFTEST CODE P2299 TURBO SUPER CHARGE CK MGP ONLY10PSI REMOVE TURBO CK PARTS STUCK REPLACE NEW TURBO SA FOR TSB071601C TEST DRIVE TRUCK OK

Cust Comments: CK WHITE EXHAUST SMOKE AND LACKS POWER
Tech Comments: WHITE SMOKE VERIFIED, LOW ON COOLANT, TOPPED OFF AND PRESURE TESTED, PRESURE DROPPED, CKECKED FOR LEAKS FOUND COOLANT LEAK AT TOP REAR OF ENGINE,REMOVED EGR VALVE FOUND COOLANT,REMOVED EGR COOLER AN PRESURE TESTED TEST FAILED, CALLED IN FOR APPROVAL PAACN, REPLACED EGR COOLER AND INSTALLED OIL COOLER KIT, CONT, DIG., CLUTCH FAN PASS.PRESURE AT DEGAS BOTTLE AT WOT 10 PSI., PASS, HEAD GASKETS TURBO

Cust Comments: ENGINE CRANKS WONT START
Tech Comments: VERIFIED CONCERN CRANK NO START CODITION, IDS DIAGNOSE CODE PO611,RECALIBRATED FICM, REPAIR AS PER PIN POINT TEST S, PID MONITOR SENSORS IPR, ICP WITHIN SPECS, FOUND MPWR VOLTAGED DROP TO 24V, REPAIR AS PER PIN POINT TEST S11 R&R FICM VEHICLE STARTED, RETEST MPWR WITHIN SPECS 48.5V

Cust Comments: CK ENGINE WONT START
Tech Comments: VERIFIED CONCERN CRANK NO START CONDITION, CHECK FUEL PRESSURE WITHIN SPECS, 60 PSI, PID MONITOR SENSORS, IPR 84%, ICP 46 PSI, FOUND LOW OIL PRESSURE, FOUND IPR STUCK ON OPEN POSITION, R&R IPR ASSEMBLY RETEST OK ***NOT A REPEAT REPAIR, ON RO 87960 PART 12B599 WAS REPLACED AND ON RO 88497PART 9C968 WAS REPLACED.

It looks like all the trouble parts have been replaced already. It's got 74K miles so I know anything will be covered for at least another year.
American Auto Brokers - San Antonio, Texas - Inventory Details - 2006 Ford Super Duty F-250 $26,981.00
What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

for 27k... heck no!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

F-250 Larant, 4x4 $26,981.00...I would try to get them to knock at least $1,000.00 off the price. These trucks with the price of a new 2011 Larant 4x4 being around $57,000.00 MSRP you would think this price is okay....but I may shop around and see if you can get a better deal on a comparable equiped 4x4 truck.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

I'm sure the price is negotiable but I don't think it's too far off. KBB has it for $31K without the lift.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:19 PM

that truck is worth no where near 27k i have watched many trucks sell for 10k or more less and they were all just as if not more modded than that
Old 01-30-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie101 View Post
I'm sure the price is negotiable but I don't think it's too far off. KBB has it for $31K without the lift.
Yea…..I don’t think so ether…especially for a Lariat 4x4. That is less than half the price of a new one….so I think it’s a fare deal also....
Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddkarmaracing View Post
that truck is worth no where near 27k i have watched many trucks sell for 10k or more less and they were all just as if not more modded than that
Where? You got a website? Thanks, Mike
Old 01-31-2010, 09:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddkarmaracing View Post
Is that just your uneducated opinion or do you have a link to show us where so many of these trucks are selling for 10k less??
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM

ya 10 or less maybe a gasser but i doubt that
Old 01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

Around here (San Antonio) 7.3's with 150K+ miles are going for $17K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.