Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 F350 6.0 Comments

6K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  2006PSDSD 
#1 ·
I am looking at a 2006 F350, and wanted your opinion on reliability of this year.
I have been around the 6.0 powerstrokes and from what I know it is a great diesel. But wanted others input on MPG and Reliability

Thanks

#2 ·
Wow no response either these trucks are total piles or you took offense to me even asking the question. Thats fine stroke this and I do not need you advice.
Just thought that a powerstroke forum would be great on advising pros and cons
I guess not

#5 ·
I wonder if He voted for Obama?

#3 ·
hey bud, I got a 06 F250. havent had any problems with it.. besides gelling up a few times in the winter, but thats my own fault. I normally get around 16mpg in town and 20 on the hwy. I havent did any mods except a amsoil/injen cold air intake to it.... yet :icon_ford:

#6 ·
I have an 06 and love it.

Overnights can take a bit to get a response sometimes. Feel free to :bump: your post if you dont get one fairly soon

#7 ·
Well I havent had mine too long... Maybe 2 weeks now and I have been commuting in it and driving around town....

So far mine doesnt get above 11MPG on the freeway...Now I dont know if this is making a difference but i have a 6" lift with 20 inch rims and some 37" toyo mt's.

I have stock 3.73 gears still in it....I do have a 4" exhaust and a CAI....no programmer yet....

I seem to get about the 9-11 in town..

This is all based on the lie o meter...havent hand calculated anything and this is my 3rd tank of gas...

As far as problems...I have had my ABS sensor on the rear diff go bad so I replaced that and now it's good....Now my fuel sending unit is going bad and thats about 500-600 bucks from what im told...

#9 ·
Well I havent had mine too long... Maybe 2 weeks now and I have been commuting in it and driving around town....

So far mine doesnt get above 11MPG on the freeway...Now I dont know if this is making a difference but i have a 6" lift with 20 inch rims and some 37" toyo mt's.

I have stock 3.73 gears still in it....I do have a 4" exhaust and a CAI....no programmer yet....

I seem to get about the 9-11 in town..

This is all based on the lie o meter...havent hand calculated anything and this is my 3rd tank of gas...

As far as problems...I have had my ABS sensor on the rear diff go bad so I replaced that and now it's good....Now my fuel sending unit is going bad and thats about 500-600 bucks from what imhttp://www.powerstroke.org/forum/images/smilies/thumb[1].gif told...
Program and re gear it. Your mileage will get better:thumb:

#10 ·
By the way my truck has 99k miles on it....AND UMMM BE PEACEFUL BUDDY...:thumb:

#11 ·
I have had my 06 F250 since Aug 08, it had 37,000 when I bought it and it now has 79,000 and the only thing I have had to do is rebuild the alternator. I get anywhere from 17 - 20 mpg depending on how much city driving and time of year. :icon_ford:

#14 ·
Had mine for a little over two years, it's been terrific. Blew a HPOP seal a couple of months ago, but other than that, it's been fuel and go. Best truck I've ever owned. Rock solid, pulls well, put two tons in the bed and you hardly notice it. Rides real smooth for a one ton, turns pretty tight for as long as it is. If you get one with the king ranch interior, you have the rolls-royce of light trucks.

Mileage is highly dependent on driving style. On summer fuel, I'm seeing a best of 13-14 in town, driving real easy. Leadfoot it, and it drops to under 10. 17-18 on the road. Gets about 20-21 at 55 on a flat road. Get it over 70, and it really starts drinking. Keep in mind this is with a crew cab and dually rear.

#15 ·
well i guess my big problem is i drive 75-80 everywhere on the interstate. around the city though my mileage is about the same. i'd say my driving style is my big problem. I've only got 33's and i believe 3.73 gears.

#16 ·
I'm on stock wheels and tire size with 4.10 gears.

Yeah, if you want the good mileage, you gotta drive it like grandma. But, who cares - you're already the baddest thing on the road this side of a semi, you can drive whatever speed you feel like driving.

Keep it under 10psi boost on takeoffs, let it coast whenever possible, like you see a light change 100 yards up. On the hwy, 2k rpm seems to be the sweet spot, which is around 65mph for me. That gets me around 17. Big thing is to avoid fast starts and high speed, you will pay dearly for doing either.

#17 ·
maybe i have 4.10's then, i'll have to check. because when i'm crusing at 65mph i'm right at 2k rpms. thanks for the advice!

#18 ·
Thank You all for help, I got the truck and so far impressed. I will let you know how it goes and so far on the way home I got 17.8 according to the computer and that was running at 70.

Thank Again, and I apologize to those who replied, I was getting aggravated at all the people looking at the post but no replies and figured maybe being a newbie that would spark some response.

#19 ·
They may be looking, but not everybody has an '06 6.0 :doh:

I love mine, wish it was a 6 spd though. I get about 17 as a DD (city and highway), and about 11 when towing my 4runner in the mountains

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.