injector o-ring tutorial needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injector o-ring tutorial needed

Can anybody hook me up with a good tutorial for replacing my injector o-rings? With pics would be nice...

Also, is there any other spot my fuel system could be getting air overnight? I pressurized the tank & could not see any drips...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

why do you say your system is getting air in it?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhatz View Post
Can anybody hook me up with a good tutorial for replacing my injector o-rings? With pics would be nice...

Also, is there any other spot my fuel system could be getting air overnight? I pressurized the tank & could not see any drips...
The part number for the o-ring kit from Ford is CM-5055 for each injector. Each kit includes the copper washer, the white, black and light blue coloured o-rings. Installation should be self-evident. Just be sure to lube up the new o-rings with clean engine oil prior to installation and torque the injector hold-down clamp to 26 ft.-lbs. Air in the fuel system is a non-issue on these engines, due to the fact that this engine uses high pressure engine oil to control the actual fuel pressure at the combustion chambers.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

you just replace the old o rings with the new ones. or do you want the whole procedure of swapping injectors? if so, do a search on it. you will find many wright ups on it!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the reason I think it is getting air is that it misses, bucks, and snorts on startup after several hours of being parked some after 8 hours of sitting, a lot more after 24 hours. First happened about a month ago, up in Washington. I thought it was from the -20 temp during the night, but since that day it has done it every day. It smoothes out after a minute or two.
In addition, it died yesterday on the freeway & won't start at all. Dunno if related or not, but either way I want to fix both issues.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhatz View Post
the reason I think it is getting air is that it misses, bucks, and snorts on startup after several hours of being parked some after 8 hours of sitting, a lot more after 24 hours. First happened about a month ago, up in Washington. I thought it was from the -20 temp during the night, but since that day it has done it every day. It smoothes out after a minute or two.
In addition, it died yesterday on the freeway & won't start at all. Dunno if related or not, but either way I want to fix both issues.
Sounds like the classic 6.0L injector stiction issue, which can only be diagnosed using the power balance screen to check, when it misses and runs rough. Another quick and easy test you can try yourself, is to remove the secondary fuel filter and fill up the housing. Crank the engine over with the key out of the ignition, by using the jump starter on the passenger side of the engine, and peak inside the secondary fuel filter housing for the presence of bubble(s). If bubbles appear, it means you have compression gases leaking into the fuel system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.