New To Me - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New To Me

Well my adventure has begun, I just bought a 03 fx4 4 door lwb 350. It has 63k on the clock and is in mint condition. I have already read the info about 6.0's in the info forum and performed an extinsive inspection before the purchase.

So, The p.o. was an older gent that drove his cattle to the sale in it. He kept all the maintainence records in the glove box and all maintainence was performed at the dealership.

The p.o did all the leg work on the truck and traded it for a gmc.
He had the following done since new:
ICP Recall
Oil and lube every 3k documented on recipts
All Front ball joints in '06
Alignment and tires in '06
New turbo and insulation under hood
EGR recall and replace
WIF sens. replaced
VGT sens. replaced
Brake vibration repaired
6 & 15 & 30k super service
Rough idle repaired by re-programming pcm (2x)
Mass air flow sens.
Neg. ground stud recall
Tranny flush every 15k
R&L Front hub replaced

So what's left? I hope he got all the bugs worked out andything else I should look for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 08:32 PM
one day at a time

Sounds like a well taken care of truck to me.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Congrats on the new one buddy now get some pic in your garage so we all can see the beast.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Congrats on the new one buddy now get some pic in your garage so we all can see the beast.
Tomorrow fo show! It's quite a rig, after guages on with the bombing. I put about 130 miles on it today and all went well, no issues but I did notice some what of a chatter on the driver side when running on the road. Do the 6.0's have a typical noisy IP?
Keep in mind I have a 12v CTD that sounds like a sled puller so when I say chatter I mean just a slight chatter nothing like the Dodge. Also the upper intake boot had some oil residue on it is that from the crank vent?
Also it has a 1/8" cord hanging out of a hole under the dash cupholder w/ a switch next to it, is that for an mp3? Or does it recharge the robot that will massage my back while driving, ha ha I would'nt doubt it with all the bells and whistles this thing has on it. My folks have an 04 caddy that pales to compair to this rig.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderness View Post
Tomorrow fo show! It's quite a rig, after guages on with the bombing. I put about 130 miles on it today and all went well, no issues but I did notice some what of a chatter on the driver side when running on the road. Do the 6.0's have a typical noisy IP?
Keep in mind I have a 12v CTD that sounds like a sled puller so when I say chatter I mean just a slight chatter nothing like the Dodge. Also the upper intake boot had some oil residue on it is that from the crank vent?
Also it has a 1/8" cord hanging out of a hole under the dash cupholder w/ a switch next to it, is that for an mp3? Or does it recharge the robot that will massage my back while driving, ha ha I would'nt doubt it with all the bells and whistles this thing has on it. My folks have an 04 caddy that pales to compair to this rig.
When you say chatter like a break caliper you mite pull the front wheel & check the shoes, for the residue on the intake i would clean it of & see if it appears back has it ever been chip? i don't know what the cord with the switch is for.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
When you say chatter like a break caliper you mite pull the front wheel & check the shoes, for the residue on the intake i would clean it of & see if it appears back has it ever been chip? i don't know what the cord with the switch is for.
Not brake related more like valve rattle. He has all the recipts in the truck and it does'nt appear to have a chip I'll know much more after today.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This happened to my 2005 f350 6.0 Diesel. From what I understand the 6.0's have had a lot of problems. This is my first problem so far, but my truck only has 34,000 on it. It died on me while i was towing. It's in the shop now. Havent heard anything yet from the service guy.

Good luck.

2005-07 F-SuperDuty/Excursion No-Start, High Pressure Oil System Leak:
Some trucks may develop an oil leak at the high pressure oil pump outlet fitting. This will cause a no-start condition as the computer needs to see at least 500 PSI before it will activate the injectors. In some cases the no-start will be intermittent and/or an intermittent stall with no codes will occur. If high pressure oil leak diagnosis indicates a leak at the pump, the pump outlet fitting (W301727) and the discharge tube block should be replaced with fitting and bracket kit 4C3Z-9B246-A. Do not torque the outlet fitting beyond 38 ft/lbs. If the leak is traced to the branch tube running through the engine block, replace with P/N 5C3Z9J332-B (requires removal of the transmission, flywheel and rear engine cover; new flywheel bolts required). TSB 06-14-6.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just got back from KY today and the only issue I have had with the truck is an oil leak from around the front main seal I think. The pinion seal on the rear end is leaking too and had slid forward so I tapped it back in until my new one gets in tomorrow. All in all it seemed well. There was one point when I hit a bump on the highway and the front end seemed to engage? Almost like it was in 4x4. It has locking hubs w/ auto and lock on them. (I was'nt sure if they all had hubs)

As for drivability and comfort A+. The fuel econ was around 15.5, does that sound normal? I'll update you guys after it goes to the dealership in Mon. Thanks, Chad
Old 04-07-2007, 05:26 PM

That what i get on a average 15.5 to 16 on long trips i have got as high as 19.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.