Can I trust a 6.0 with Banks parts on it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Can I trust a 6.0 with Banks parts on it?

Hey guys,

I'm not yet sure which, but I'm getting 6.0 CCSB in the Amarillo, HD, or KR package next week. One of the Amarillo's I looked at had a bunch of bolt-on Banks items under the hood. The dealer couldn't tell me if it had any programer on it, but I was thinking I would stay away from that truck because there's a chance it could have had a Banks tuner. Would that really be such a bad thing or is that all in my head?

Thanks,
Cliff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
No worries with the banks bolt ons. Thats quality stuff. As far as the tuner. If the truck runs right now. And no signs of puking go for it
Old 01-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Premium Member

Actually, the truck wouldn't start the night I went to check it out. It cranked for about 3-4 seconds then started clicking. I wasn't too concerned about that as the truck had been sitting on the lot since summer time and it was only about 20 degrees. side note: this is not the time of year to be out car shopping in the northeast!

I was more concerned that if they had a Banks tuner on it, do I have to worry about tranny issues in the near future?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wouldn't worry about not starting, that's weak batteries. It's an extra couple of hundred bucks to replace them.

The thing that would make me nervous is - you buy someone else's tuning job, you're betting a lot of money that they did it right. Pretty easy to screw up a 6.0 if you just bolt on a few parts, plug in a tuner, and nail it. If you don't know the previous owner, and they didn't know the do's and don'ts of adding power to a 6.0, it could get expensive.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 AM

I wonder if its the same amarillo I was looking at a long while back. It was at the same dealership I bought mine at but I think they sold it at an auction. Where are you from and is it lifted with dual shocks up front? The one im thinking of was full of banks under the hood.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbs View Post
I wonder if its the same amarillo I was looking at a long while back. It was at the same dealership I bought mine at but I think they sold it at an auction. Where are you from and is it lifted with dual shocks up front? The one im thinking of was full of banks under the hood.
Nope, not lifted. All stock until you open the hood...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
Wouldn't worry about not starting, that's weak batteries. It's an extra couple of hundred bucks to replace them.

The thing that would make me nervous is - you buy someone else's tuning job, you're betting a lot of money that they did it right. Pretty easy to screw up a 6.0 if you just bolt on a few parts, plug in a tuner, and nail it. If you don't know the previous owner, and they didn't know the do's and don'ts of adding power to a 6.0, it could get expensive.
That's what I was thinking. I'm looking at 2 Amarillo's and this one has the sunroof. The other Amarillo is the only truck I'm considering that doesn't have the sunroof.

Besides all the Banks stuff, the dumbasses at the dealer ArmorAll'd the leather seats! Can you imagine?

I may just go with the one King Ranch but damn I like that black interior, and there isn't much out there more "in your face" than that giant *** yellow Amarillo.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Premium Member

Any other thoughts?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Have the dealer pull an OASIS report on the trucks you are looking at. Post them here
Old 01-11-2010, 03:30 PM

I don't know... If the Amarillo is tugging at your heart, I would have them replace the batteries and then go for a long drive. Check for what the others have mentioned: puking, smoking, tranny shifting funny, etc. If it runs great, there are no obvious issues with Oasis or Carfax, then I would do it. Then I would get it flashed back to stock, then retuned with an SCT...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.