OASIS ISSUE??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OASIS ISSUE???

i have a F250 i bought in july of 2008 and recieved a oasis with just miner warrenty work. i took my truck to the dealer about 3 weeks ago (different dealer than the one i bought from) for head studs and egr delete and recieved another oasis. on the new oasis there are 3 new warrenty claims from a dealer that i was never at and were done on 2/28/09 and 2 done on 10/2009 how could this be, the truck was in my driveway. remember bought truck 7/21/2009 and have not been to a dealer until now?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwaterz View Post
i have a F250 i bought in july of 2008 and recieved a oasis with just miner warrenty work. i took my truck to the dealer about 3 weeks ago (different dealer than the one i bought from) for head studs and egr delete and recieved another oasis. on the new oasis there are 3 new warrenty claims from a dealer that i was never at and were done on 2/28/09 and 2 done on 10/2009 how could this be, the truck was in my driveway. remember bought truck 7/21/2009 and have not been to a dealer until now?????
Double check and make sure they entered the VIN correctly
Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM

i have checked and double checked that. the new oasis has the old work exactly whats on the old oasis plus new wonder work. i also called the dealer that suppos did the work to see if they screwed it up. they said they probobly only used the last 4 digits in the vin and it was same as some one else. the guy i was talking to looked it up and mine was the only one under the numbers.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
i have checked and double checked that. the new oasis has the old work exactly whats on the old oasis plus new wonder work. i also called the dealer that suppos did the work to see if they screwed it up. they said they probobly only used the last 4 digits in the vin and it was same as some one else. the guy i was talking to looked it up and mine was the only one under the numbers.
Not trying to jump the gun here, but it sounds like fraud to me.... It happened to a friend with an '06 Dodge Cummins. He supposedly got a new transmission and only found out when he went to extend his warranty. I would talk to your dealer to see what remedies you have in order to protect your remaining warranty and preserve the value of your truck.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:11 PM

my warrenty just ended on monday but i am going to get to the bottm of it. im just going to need some help, thats were this forum comes in. if it is fraud i am going to push the subject with ford. i have no clue who to contact or even were to start. do i start with the dealer or do i get ford involved first. the ford dealer i deal with has a very good relationship with one of the ford engineers.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
my warrenty just ended on monday but i am going to get to the bottm of it. im just going to need some help, thats were this forum comes in. if it is fraud i am going to push the subject with ford. i have no clue who to contact or even were to start. do i start with the dealer or do i get ford involved first. the ford dealer i deal with has a very good relationship with one of the ford engineers.
I'd start with my dealer (if its a trusted one) and go from there. Even if they can't overtly help you, they can put you in touch with the warranty department--this is important because if your truck didn't need the work mentioned, it shouldn't be in its history. The story from the delear that allegedly performed the work sounds like hogwash.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 PM

the dealer that does all my work right now i highly trust. the funny part is that the dealer that allegadly did the work is a competitor of my dealer.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send me the VIN please, if you can.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

newbie question here... this may sound really ignorant... but on an Oasis report does having work done generally look bad? because I think of it as "well at least that has been replaced recently". I wasn't able to get my oasis report for my vehicle until after i purchased it and apparently its had about everything under the sun done to it... is that good or bad? I'm not trying to hijack your thread backwaterz, but you guys really seem to know what your talking about
Old 01-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana250 View Post
newbie question here... this may sound really ignorant... but on an Oasis report does having work done generally look bad? because I think of it as "well at least that has been replaced recently". I wasn't able to get my oasis report for my vehicle until after i purchased it and apparently its had about everything under the sun done to it... is that good or bad? I'm not trying to hijack your thread backwaterz, but you guys really seem to know what your talking about
Not necessarily. But it can cut both ways. Let's say it showed three headgaskets replaced... Or two injector harnesses... Or, like yours, it can show that specific issues were addressed. The key is accuracy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.