New Insight not working??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Insight not working???

I got a new edge insight and It worked for about a day and now it won't power up.... the computer won't recoginze that it is connected either.... it won't even light up in the truck and will light up with red when i plug it into the computer but thats it... it says there is no new updates availble... any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 06:44 PM

check the plugs?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you might have to call tech support, Im stumped
Old 01-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Have you checked the fuse?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:56 PM

Hit it on something
Old 01-05-2010, 06:58 PM

ill check the fuse tomorrow.... i was planning on calling in the morning cause i tried tonight and was too late in the evening.... but this is what i don't get.... my brother actually bought it... and he is not a truck person.. just wants things to work and doesn't care as long as they work type of guy (not like us)... i told him that i really wanted one and he said well if you want the dang thing you install your gauges in my truck and do all the work and you can have it... i said deal... but i am the one who installed it in his truck with the probe and everything worked great when i first installed it... he was headed somewhere and said it just stopped working (30-40 minutes later i suppose)... so that is why he made the gauge deal cause he didn't want to deal with call edge and all that... so i installed my gauges in his truck today and the insight didn't work in my truck at all... so ill call tech support tomorrow... maybe its just a bad unit
Old 01-05-2010, 08:44 PM

i went out and plugged up my SCT to see if the OBDII was working and the SCT fired right up so its not a blown fuse... something is wrong with the insight i think..
Old 01-06-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokepower View Post
I got a new edge insight and It worked for about a day and now it won't power up.... the computer won't recoginze that it is connected either.... it won't even light up in the truck and will light up with red when i plug it into the computer but thats it... it says there is no new updates availble... any thoughts?
You may have already tried this, but if not, here goes. You have to plug the Insights cord into the OBDII port first, then plug the other end into the back of the Insight device....that's the only way I know of the PCM recognizing the device. Try it this way if you haven't already. Let us know how you make out.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:41 PM

hey fellas.. i called edge first thing thing morning cause i was positive i had done everything right and covered my bases by that point.... turns out that the egt probe was what was causing the communication loss..... as soon as i unplug/plug in the edge probe to the connection part of the insight cord it turns on/goes off.... so they are sending me a different probe cord... everything is great.. thanks for the suggestions and help....

on another note... the guy at edge says he has seen plenty of problems with then insight and sct being used together... he said they see a lot of cases where the insight won't read "all" the parameters it's capable of when being used with and sct... you guys having any problems with yours?

Another question.. I can't get my insight to connect to my computer... i would like to be able to get everything set up while there is snow on the ground and have it read for the truck when i get done... but it always says "disconnected" in the status bar at the bottom of the insight software screen... any thoughts?

Last edited by strokepower; 01-06-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokepower View Post
hey fellas.. i called edge first thing thing morning cause i was positive i had done everything right and covered my bases by that point.... turns out that the egt probe was what was causing the communication loss..... as soon as i unplug/plug in the edge probe to the connection part of the insight cord it turns on/goes off.... so they are sending me a different probe cord... everything is great.. thanks for the suggestions and help....

on another note... the guy at edge says he has seen plenty of problems with then insight and sct being used together... he said they see a lot of cases where the insight won't read "all" the parameters it's capable of when being used with and sct... you guys having any problems with yours?

Another question.. I can't get my insight to connect to my computer... i would like to be able to get everything set up while there is snow on the ground and have it read for the truck when i get done... but it always says "disconnected" in the status bar at the bottom of the insight software screen... any thoughts?
Guess we'll need to keep that bit of info handy as well. Maybe we could get a sticky started for Insight concerns. I don't see why the Insight would read PID data any differently depending on whether it was used in conjunction with any other product....The Edge Insight is a read-only device...if anything the SCT may be affecting PID data, but I can't see why it would be Insight specific issues. I see everything I'm supposed to according to the Insight user guide. No problems here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.