Forklift tanks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2007, 06:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to daveosok
Forklift tanks

Did a search and used forklift, vapor and liquid as searches. Read everything that it found.

We use JLG's at work, they are boom lift and scissor lift vehicles. They use the aluminum forklift tanks.

It does matter which way you clock them because they can either be vapor or liquid depending on which way they lay.

The JLG's however are vapor and require that the tank be in a certain position.

Which propane system uses either vapor or liquid?

I was at a summit store today in McDonough Georgia and after purchasing a Bullydog power pup I was looking at the propane systems. The MSD looked very thought out as compared to the bullydogs regulator and two wires hanging off of it. By looks the MSD wins hands down and it also caught my eye with the "propane safety system" writing.

I do a lot of hunting and its a 100 mile one way trip to the camp and we usually run around another 100 miles or so while at camp.

I am looking for MPG not how many cars I can whoop up on. The added torque is a plus but just a benefit to me I'm not compensating for anything .

I found these aluminum tanks for around 140 and they hold 9.9 lbs of propane. I'd like to put two of them on the truck. I am also looking at getting the larger diesel tank the 46 gallon one from Transfer Flow. According to Bullydogs site you'll need around 4:1 ratio which equates to 11 gallons of propane for 46 gallons of diesel.

I know that the ratio has huge variables such as how much foot you keep in it. But using this equation leaves approximately 2 gallons of propane short per tank.

Has anyone used a forklift tank? What modifications did you have to do? Have you had any problems with propane service stations filling it?

By the way that bullydog got me at least 3 mpg more. It took 1/4 of a tank to get to Summit and with it set on 100% it got 1/8 of a tank coming back traveling the same speed 80 mph.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions, advice.

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
im fat and ugly

sounds like a man that knows what hes looking for, sorry i cant help but welcome aboard
Old 03-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
I'm with Stump... can't help ya with the propane thing.. but I can say:
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.