EGR Delete DPF Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete DPF Delete

River City Diesel has an EGR delete kit and on the page it says to use a DPF delete for tuners such as SCT. Is the DPF part of the EGR delete kit? And are they just saying if you don't have an EGR delete kit to at least use the DPF delete at a minimum?

Is $300 a good deal for the EGR delete bolt on kit?
$99 for the DPF

Im in CT and looking to upgrade my 07 F250 HD Crew Cab.

If I buy a used SCT X3 with stock tunes used on one previous truck where should I buy tunes from?
RCD said they do it but dont play with timing too much. Is this good bad or what are the gains or losses from timing?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRussell3 View Post
River City Diesel has an EGR delete kit and on the page it says to use a DPF delete for tuners such as SCT. Is the DPF part of the EGR delete kit? And are they just saying if you don't have an EGR delete kit to at least use the DPF delete at a minimum?

Is $300 a good deal for the EGR delete bolt on kit?
$99 for the DPF

Im in CT and looking to upgrade my 07 F250 HD Crew Cab.

If I buy a used SCT X3 with stock tunes used on one previous truck where should I buy tunes from?
RCD said they do it but dont play with timing too much. Is this good bad or what are the gains or losses from timing?

Thanks in advance for your input!
The 6.0 doesen't have a DPF, just the 08+ 6.4. I had a friend that installed their EGR delete and said it was great. As far as the SCT, I've got tunes from Innovative and love them. You can't do anything with the timing that I know of with the SCT on the 6.0.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the education Dhanna6. I'm still on the learning curve with diesels. Appreciate your help.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Thanks for the education Dhanna6. I'm still on the learning curve with diesels. Appreciate your help.
No problem. I added a little more to the post about the SCT too. Did you buy the truck new?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 AM

No I bought it in Aug with 32000 on it. He cut the kitty off and left the stock down pipe and welded a 4" exhaust pipe with a magns flow tip out the side in front of the passanger rear wheel. not a fan of it but would rather get other upgrades first if the stock down pipe from the turbo is ok for this year. plan to buy new one out thr back of wheel. he also put an intake on it but i dont what brand. Its a blue filter. He had the bullydog pmt on it also for about 7 months but i removed it and ford reset my computer back to stock. didnt tell them there was ever a programmer but they're not dumb.lol. I was looking into River City Diesel for my parts they seem like good guys. Thanks. I'll check you added input now.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
No I bought it in Aug with 32000 on it. He cut the kitty off and left the stock down pipe and welded a 4" exhaust pipe with a magns flow tip out the side in front of the passanger rear wheel. not a fan of it but would rather get other upgrades first if the stock down pipe from the turbo is ok for this year. plan to buy new one out thr back of wheel. he also put an intake on it but i dont what brand. Its a blue filter. He had the bullydog pmt on it also for about 7 months but i removed it and ford reset my computer back to stock. didnt tell them there was ever a programmer but they're not dumb.lol. I was looking into River City Diesel for my parts they seem like good guys. Thanks. I'll check you added input now.
Nothing really too wrong with the stock DP, although if you put some hot tunes on I would open it up to a 3.5" or 4" (little harder fit), If the kitty's gone, that's half the battle and if you say you have a magneflow exhaust muffler (usually full flow as opposed to the stock restrictive baffler), you should then be getting pretty decent EGTs. Do you have gauges (don't recall you mentioning)...if not at a minimum get an EGT gauge with probe in the driverside exhaust manifold. Gauges should be your first concern. You will hear from many (including me) that an AM intake is not necessary and not recommended due to the fact that you can dust your turbo with excessive particulates. The stock Donaldson intake filter is the best money can buy with less the 500hp. Keep up on the 3 "F"'s Fuel, Filters, Fluids...and you should be good to go. RCD, good company to do business with as are many other site sponsors.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Awsome info. Thanks for your time. No gauges yet. I wanted to mount them by rear view mirror but cant find anyone that makes a pod for that application on the 07 f250 hd. crew cab. I am going to start with the egr delete and sct. After taxes i will do new exhaust from turbo and gauges. Not gonna run any crazy tunes till i can get studs hopefully next year. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 PM

I think any overhead pod for a 99-07 will work.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 PM

You might also look at the Edge Insight (no its not a programmer)...its a multi-PID gauge display...gives you all your PIDs except Fuel and Oil Pressure...but you could always add them later if you think you still want them using analogue gauges. The Insight just simply plugs into your OBDII DLC and mounts under your left DS grab handle....less expensive too after adding up all the costs associated with multi analogue gauges and time consumed in their connections. Just a thought.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:15 PM

cool i will look into that for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.