Looking for place or person to install arp headstuds - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to cxrxaxz
Looking for place or person to install arp headstuds

Ok, I live in a little pos town lol. I want to get headstuds/gaskets and egr delete done with my income tax money. I am just doing this as a preventative measure and there is nothing wrong with the truck and it is a 2004 cc sb psd. Problem is i know i need some one that knows there stuff and isnt gonna mess up cause i cant afford to do it twice in a row. I know the heads need to be fluxed and checked for flatness and a lot is involved in doing the job right. I cant just take it to some local ****ty shop around here. On the other hand i dont know anywhere around here that knows how to do this job properly. I was going to take it to RCD in peoria IL but that is 700 miles from me and that would me i would have to take 2 vehicles up there drop it off come back then take 2 vehicles up there a week later. very expensive on fuel. I know there has to be some place in my area closer. I have some big towns within a reasonable distance that i wouldnt mind traveling to. Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Huston, pretty much anywhere in southeast oklahoma and north east texas. I have tried google but had no luck. Anyone know any places that does a good job??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Take it to RCD, you won't regret it.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Premium Member

I drove mine 300 miles to take it to RCD, its well worth the drive!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If you've got a trailer and a small car, you could always drag the car up on the trailer. Leave truck and trailer, drive home in econobox. Do the opposite when you go to pick it up. Don't know if this will work for you or not, just an idea.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
You won't regret taking it to Josh at RCD they will get it done and let you know of anything else thats needing repair while it's apart.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 PM

If you aren't to far from Dallas, John Robinson is working on 6.0L now. He is the guy with the diesel funny car. Also, Trusted performace is located in DFW area, give them a call and they can help you out. They are a good bunch of guys to deal with. IMO, there is no sense in taking your truck 700 miles to RCD when there are good shops a lot closer. Don't get me wrong, RCD is a great shop with good prices, but the price off set in fuel isn't worth it in my book.

-French
Old 01-01-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy07 View Post
If you aren't to far from Dallas, John Robinson is working on 6.0L now. He is the guy with the diesel funny car. Also, Trusted performace is located in DFW area, give them a call and they can help you out. They are a good bunch of guys to deal with. IMO, there is no sense in taking your truck 700 miles to RCD when there are good shops a lot closer. Don't get me wrong, RCD is a great shop with good prices, but the price off set in fuel isn't worth it in my book.

-French
awesome. Just the info i was looking for thanks. Also found a place in houston tx called powerstroke magic... anyone ever hear of them i think they are new. They have a website. I think it is powerstrokemagic.com if not just google it. Someone on here told me they would do the headstud/hg/egr for 2800.00. I am gonna try and get in contact with them because thats a pretty dang good price.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:40 AM

We offer head gasket replacement for 6.0l for $2800.00, that includes new head gaskets, ARP headstuds, Intake gaskets, fuel housing reseal, EGR block off (no install kit we weld off all the provisions and leave the cooler in place so it will pass under hood inspection), oil and other needed fluids to perform this repair, We sell SCT tuners with our own custom tunes or if you prefer Erics tunes we can get you those for the same price $450.00, Autometer gauges like pro comp or sport comp for 3 gauges and pod $369 and $350 install, To clean the turbo cost $250 once the turbo is off. We will check the head surface when the heads are off, if they are out of spec we can get you new ones. OEM Ford heads do not have a resurface tolerance, people do it but it is not recommended due to piston to valve clearance and valve train geometry would all have to be reconfigured.

Phillip Cole
Power Stroke Magic

Does all this sound good guys? What else should i get him to do? What would you guys suggest. Thanks
Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 AM

i believe i"ve read on here that people have machine heads with success but you have very little to work with. i think it's less then .008". PLEASE don't take my word for it i am just recalling something i thought i read. wish the taxman would pay for my studs and install. he would only spring for a rcd delete kit. i guess i will have to keep my foot off of the x-street tune for a while longer.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:04 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
So what exactly are you looking at doing? What have you already done? and last but not least, what exactly are they going to charge you for what you are going to do? Oh and btw who does THEIR custom tuning? I would stick with the tried and true tuning... but that is just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.