I will have to figure out how to post a video, but in the mean time I will post more pics. The hardest part is getting the down tube in. I came up from the bottom and manipulated it in a couple of different configurations before I found one that was close. I put a scrap piece of sheet metal on the fire wall insulation to protect it from the turbo flange on the way up. With a friend up top guiding and pulling, me down below pushing, it popped in. I clamped it loose on to the turbo and test fit the lower portion of the tube. If you notice in the photo I modified the flange between the upper and lower tubes. Instead of using the flare flange it came with, I picked up an awesome 4" VBK clamp from Exhaust Components - SPD Home Page B
, they make some sick exhaust parts. This made a world of difference for clearance between the firewall and frame. Once it was mocked up I welded everything solid. The funny thing is that when my buddy went to take the down tube out he said he disconnected it and it fell right out to the ground, go figure... It ended up with a close 3/8" off of the firewall at the bend, so I wrapped the whole thing in header wrap to keep it cool( I would definitely recommend it). On the way back in on the other hand, not so easy. There are two spots that make it tight (adding 1/8'' to a 1/4" of header wrap doesn't help matters) one is the "y" pipe slip joint bellow, and a 1/4" x 1" bolt coming out of the firewall. The bolt can be cut off almost flush with the firewall and covered with a few layers of aluminum tape to help it slide. And a few layers of aluminum tape on the "y" pipe bellows helps too. Once again I used sheet metal on the firewall, and with a good nudge it popped in. Make sure you reach in and remove ALL of the aluminum tape off of the "y" pipe so it doesn't burn. I then connected every thing loosely, adjusted the clearance, tightened every thing down and continued with the rest of the exhaust. No, I didn't drop the transmission, but I did Sawsall out the factory downtube.