Does anybody know? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Does anybody know?

How many 6.0's were sold from 2003-2007?...I am so sick and tired of people asking what motor I have and than say oh that is the bad motor so be careful...You only really hear about the problems but how about all the trucks with no problems.I would love to know the number of trucks sold vs the problem ones....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The 03,04 years just gave the all the 6.0s a bad name. Even though their are bad cares in every brand. There are a few bad 7.3's too. Just dont here about them like you do the 6.0s. The 06-07 years were pretty solid. And most of the people that tell you that dont even know the facts anyway. Just my feelings!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:18 PM

I'd be curious also. I have a 2004 with 6.0, now has 58k miles. Had it 3 months, no problems. Clean OASIS except PCM flash a few yrs back.
Can a poll be setup somehow ( I don't know how), could be simple as engine problems yes/no. This poll may not be so accurate as I have read on here before many people have joined here looking for help because they HAD problems...Just a thought.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Just start a new thread and go down the bottom and it asks if you want a poll, pretty easy.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to cxrxaxz
I think the majority of the problem is these people coming from the bulletproof 7.3s got ahold of these 6.0s and did not take care of them like they should have and thus the rep. Now that people understand how to properly take care of the trucks and what they like and dont like. I think all is well now. If you delete the EGR, run synthetic oil, change your oil on time everytime, use motorcraft brand filters and change them on time, Watch your egts and take care of the truck and there is no reason it shouldnt last as long as any other truck on the road.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:56 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've had my truck for almost 2yrs now put on 30,000mi,truck now has a total of 63,000mi on it with no major problems.I just get so aggrivated with people asking the same freakin question time after time "Is that the 6.0?" or "I never would have bought that truck with that motor"...I came to these forums to find out more about my truck and to get ideas on modding it and to ask newbie questions.I have a feeling there are ALOT more trucks out there with no problems.What could the percentage be?.10% or less with problems?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I see them every where here in the south.....100's and 100's of them....When I started looking I found some info...best I could tell was 03 and 04 were a crap shoot...Ford Rushed to get them in the market too fast to not lose market share after the duramax came out....they pushed them out too fast with out proper testing....so some 03 and 04's were ok but most were not...and the first 6.0's went into ambulance's and when they failed everyone took notice...Ford took a big hit on making things right...but it stuck in people's mind even til this day......by 05 and 06 100's of changes were made by ford to the 6.0 and the Diesel mech. had caught up on the way proper way to work on them...I was told the 05 and 06 models had less warranty claims the F150 and rangers combined...so I am not sure....I get the same thing...what were you thinking folks say...But I love mine...no problems at all....I know a older man who has a 06 drives the dog out of it...no proper maintenance at all....pulls stuff all the time...it is a 06 model with 155,000 miles on it...and 2 weeks ago his EGR cooler went out...not bad I guess for one that is abused all the time...with proper care one should be fine....there are some weak links in it.....EGR cooler.... and the head studs...driving one stock and not pulling much...should last a while...using it and mods...look to replace things...simple you play you pay...
Old 12-28-2009, 06:46 PM

i have an 04 cc that i bought used about a year ago, the owner before me was an older guy that towed a fithwheel and according to the oasis report only replaced the egr cooler once in 2006. other than that nothing major. when i bought it i did a catback mbrp exhaust, gauges, and the ccv mod but thats about it, not chip or tuner. and i tow with mine regularly. plus its my dd. and i haven't had any major problems with it. i do keep an eye on the egt gauge and never let it get over 1200 degrees. i too would like to know what the ratio is for "bad" 6.0's.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM

the 6.0 passed all tests that ford and navistar threw at it with flying colors...the 6.0 is a good engine......we all know about the HG and FICM issues, as well as the injector and turbo issues early on.......I will say that with proper care, and responsible driving and towing...the 6.0 is a great engine.......all of them have their problems.....cummins, duramax, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4, etc. but as stated before, the number of problems is small compared to the number of trucks sold........It is the number one selling pickup in North america for a reason....It's a darn good truck.....whether its a 7.3, 6oh, or 6.4
Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM

my dad always said, "bad news travels faster than good news" i think this holds true for the 6.0. and he's been a diesel mechanic for 35 yrs. and drives a 97 cc 7.3 with 130000 on the odometer and pretty much only uses it to tow 21000 lbs. but he loves the power my 6.0 has over his 7.3, and he has a 40 horse chip! lol i love my 6.0 i would buy one again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.