Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Mar 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hello all! What an awesome crowd!
I'm new to diesel, and new to this forum
I have a few questions if ya'll dont mind...
1. Does my new (used, lol) truck have the 5 speed TorqueShift trans? Or the older 4 spd?
2. What rear gear does it have? 3.73 or 4.10 and does it have limited slip?
3. I have a 100k mile warranty, so I dont want to mess with anything that could affect that, so where do I start with mods to get a little more take off power, better deeper exhaust sound (any chance getting it to sound like a 7.3?), and of coarse how about a few extra mpg around town because I do a lot of city driving.
I think I'm sold on doing the '05 front end conversion (bumper and grille, etc), 4" lift, some 18"s with all terrains, and of coarse a better sound system. What do you think? Good start? I dont want to go too big with lift because I'd still like to easily tow a ski boat and/or some other small toys. Basically, it still needs to be practical
Thank you all in advance
I'm excited about joinging the club. Love my diesel!
2. 3.73 dont know about limited slip, would assume on a $40,000 truck. lol
3. depending how picky your dealer is, if you do any aftermarket modifications to motor, exhaust, intake, chip..etc they can void your warranty. Any aftermarket exhaust will give you a good sound but you have a 6.0L therefore it won't sound like a 7.3L. Talk to your dealer and whoever is in charge of warranty there and see what they agree with. what that dealer agrees with might be different then the one down the road.
on the lift you can do a hanger/shackle kit if you want to keep stock springs and steering geometry. hope this helps.
2003 centennial edition f250 4x4 ccsb auto w/blackwater long block w/arp's, 4" exhaust, airaid intake, ODawg's manifold, itp's reg return, sap modified solenoid, DC power 185amp alt, motorcraft 850cca, Warn Hubs, RS 55w 6k hid's, harley headlights, bpd 58v 6 phase, bpd water pump, dieselsite coolant filter, elc coolant, php gryphon, Xcal2 w/unlimited tow, new hfcm, glowshift fuel psi gauge, icon level kit, 20" kmc hoss, 305/55 terra grapplers TOTALED