• 1 Post By Sock Puppet
  • 1 Post By DMc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CTS 2

What does everyone monitor with there CTS 2? I want to know what the best things to monitor with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Myself: ICP, IPR, EGT, EOT, ETT, Boost, Waste Gate Duty Cycle, IAT (until I put in fuel pressure sensor), Battery Voltage

'99
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 SD 7.3L 249k Miles

Edge CTS 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 03:17 PM
The Silent Service

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I have a good thread on this subject, the type of monitor doesn't matter. Its listed in my sig.

If I was to run a CTS 2 only:
Boost, EGT
ICP, Ipw, Fuel Pressure
ECT, EOT, Trans. Temp.

Occasionally verify MAF compared to Boost and VGT Duty Cycle - Verify FICM Voltage at cranking - and run associated periodic checks.

If you end up with specific questions, let us know
jokester00 likes this.

2007 F-350 XLT 6.0L PSD Dually 'Jezebel'
TorqShift 4x4 CC/LB 4.30LS - Tow Boss Package

post #4 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
I just uploaded a picture of myself and use it as the background. That way I'm always monitoring something cool.
Rattlesnake18 likes this.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, Blue Spring, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, custom front bumper replacement, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
On a serious note: ECT, EOT, Boost, FICM voltage, Battery voltage, EGTs, Fuel Pressure, and EBP. I think that's right. Wish I could watch fan speed.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, Blue Spring, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, custom front bumper replacement, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
I have a good thread on this subject, the type of monitor doesn't matter. Its listed in my sig.

If I was to run a CTS 2 only:
Boost, EGT
ICP, Ipw, Fuel Pressure
ECT, EOT, Trans. Temp.

Occasionally verify MAF compared to Boost and VGT Duty Cycle - Verify FICM Voltage at cranking - and run associated periodic checks.

If you end up with specific questions, let us know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
On a serious note: ECT, EOT, Boost, FICM voltage, Battery voltage, EGTs, Fuel Pressure, and EBP. I think that's right. Wish I could watch fan speed.
What should EBP, ICP, IPW, and stuff like that be at? I've never monitored stuff like that
post #7 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 06:49 PM
DMc
Premium Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Go back up to colo_dually's post and click on the "Monitoring the 6.0" link in his signature. All your answers are there for the reading!
Sock Puppet likes this.

2004 F250 4X4 CC SB
post #8 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 07:30 PM
The Silent Service

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbraze38 View Post
What should EBP, ICP, IPW, and stuff like that be at? I've never monitored stuff like that
EBP should be dependent on the engine load, boost level, tune and throttle. Around 2:1 ratio EBP to Boost is normal.

ICP and Ipw are throttle based, one is your HPOP pressure (or voltage on some trucks) and the other is the length of time your injectors are open. ICP will help you identify issues with the HPOP.

Some of what I monitor is for problem identification before a huge breakdown. Some help me monitor performance. The thread I have cover most of these things, but it may be time for me to update some of the date with what I've learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMc View Post
Go back up to colo_dually's post and click on the "Monitoring the 6.0" link in his signature. All your answers are there for the reading!
Thanks.

2007 F-350 XLT 6.0L PSD Dually 'Jezebel'
TorqShift 4x4 CC/LB 4.30LS - Tow Boss Package

post #9 of 9 Old 05-19-2017, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I'm new to the whole monitoring thing and I've only had my truck for a year so I want to make sure that I'm doing everything right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode