Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hose valve next to gooseneck ball?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  jd4010 
#1 ·
I have a hose valve it looks like next to the gooseneck ball in the bed of my 06 F-250. If anyone could help me out in figuring out what it is would be appreciated. It comes up through the bed. It is placed in the front left of the bed. I'll post a picture of it today after work.

#2 ·
Some bigger trailers can be equipped with air brakes but there would have to be a compressor on your truck. And those trailers generally would be pulled by a dually, not your 3/4 ton. One way to know for sure is to crawl under there and see where the hose goes.

#3 ·
... One way to know for sure is to crawl under there and see where the hose goes.
Oh, now that's just crazy-talk.

#6 ·
^^^ that wasn't there when I typed that vvv :)
_______

A compressor would be a nice find, indeed. ...or maybe an air tank. Unless, it goes to something suspension related.

It all depends on what the PO had going on. That's why checking it out is your best bet. You can still post pics of the connector and any interesting discoveries.

#13 ·
So does it connect to the bottom or the top of the tank?

#16 ·
And it's next to the gooseneck ball?
sounds like the previous owner had some sort of auxillary tank on the truck. you may want to check this rig out. sounds like it made some long and heavy hauls.
Connects to the top of the fuel tank. It's in front of the left wheel well. I've went through the truck, everything checks out on it so far. Has 130,000 on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.