Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What to do.

695 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  doubleslottedflaps 
#1 · (Edited)
Calling all 6.0 experts!

I have an 06 f250 with the 6.0, it has 147xxx miles currently on it.

It has been bulletproof along with the EGR delete.

My question would be:

I am wanting to install the SCT live wire, exhaust, cold air, and a 6 inch lift with 35's.

What lift kit would you go with? I've been looking at the rough country 6" lift, I would have upgraded shocks put on it along with potentially air shocks on the rear as I pull a 28" travel trailer sometimes.

Should I be worried about having this stuff installed on the truck?

Would you install the above if you were in my situation?

Is there anything else you would install?

Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Define 'Bulletproof' on your truck. It means different things to different people.

SCT: Yes

Exhaust: Yes

Cold Air Intake: No

Lift: No

You didn't state what your situation is. I'm not a fan of towing with any lifted truck but some guys are OK with it. I'm also not a fan of the reduced fuel economy, accelerated wear on suspension/steering components, etc. It's your wagon, though, so do what you want.

#7 ·
IPR is the best coolant filter (IMO) and it's priced accordingly. The reusable filter offsets the cost to some degree though.

#9 ·
Thank you all. I'll check out the IPR.

Should I be nervous about adding exhaust? Thinking 4" and then either the Bullydog or the sct livewire.... I know everyone has an opinion.

The local shop wants me to buy a bullydog.

Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
4" turbo back straight pipe is best. From what I have read on the forum Power Hungry Performance seems to be the way to go with tuning. I plan on using PHP. I sent my ECM to PHP and had it rolled back to the beginning with egr delete.

http://store.gopowerhungry.com/en/

Reactions: Stlf250
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.