Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fx4 or 4x4??????

4K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Mikes7.3 
#1 ·
i know that this isnt just on 6.0 but what is the differance between a 4x4 and the fx4? i know the fx4 has rancho shocks but that is the only thing i can tell. is there more than that?:confused:

#4 ·
Don't forget about the stickers!

#8 ·
I have the FX4 on my 2006 build, 2007 model to you.... F-350, CC, 4x4, LWB, Dually.....

And they are Rancho Shocks, and Skid Plates, but the VALUE IS THE COOL STICKER ON THE DUALLY FENDERS..... :lol: :thumb:

Hey, mine came that way, and they are rare as rocking horse poo here in Oz...

Regards from the lone Ranger, out on the Last Frontier with Quarter Horses...

#11 ·
Ever since the 1960's, the concern off-road amongst us Enthusiats, would be that if you high centered a LWB like a Crew Cab, the Transfer Case is at risk...

I have built crash cages over the transfer case of almost every one I have owned, and the FX4 came with a fair whack of one... You can build your own crash cage cross beam set ups, oil pans, what ever you need...

BUT THE REAL VALUE IS THE COOL STICKERS.... :chicken: :roll1: :funny:

#14 ·
The FX4 consists of Rancho branded shocks, skid plates come standard, and two FX4 logos. If you don't get the FX4 package, you get standard issue shocks, skid plates do-not come standard, and your fenders will bare "4x4".

All 2008 and above trucks have an FX4 option, however for '08 Ford has made FX4 a TRIM LEVEL not an add-on. You will have a custom interior, gauges, ect. Similar to the F150 FX4.

#15 ·
The FX4 package also comes with a 3.73 Limited Slip compared with the open that the normal 4x4 comes with. I think that this makes a big difference. So its not just a sticker and some shocks.

#16 ·
It's all about the 4x4 OffRoad package. You get the skidplates and the Ohh so coveted "off road" sticker under the 4x4 sticker.

#17 ·
hahaha, I like the stickers, but don't all the trucks come with a fuel tank skide plate? mine has one, ans it's not the FX4.

Gord.

#19 ·
Yeah...I almost forgot that...I have the transfercase skid plate, fuel tank plate, steering damper, and the stickers....I think the shocks on the Off Road package were better too.

#21 ·
I went with the 4x4 not fx4 because the one at the dealership had those nice 20" tires which i replace every 6 months $$$$$. so i went with the 18's lol. thought it would be cheaper. lol. Little did i know. 18's are more rare than 20's. but its getting better more trucks have 18's now. thanks nissan and toyota. oh well i love my psd.

#30 · (Edited)
Mine is one of the few 03 7.3 fx4: skid plates, rancho shocks, dampner, 3.73 gears limited slip, painted front end (no chrome) oh yeah stickers which I took off along with the ones on the door so now you can't tell if I'm a 6.0, 7.3, or a gasser from the side.:lol:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=3884

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.