• 1 Post By 208f350

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-17-2017, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new 6.0 owner

Hello How is everyone doing I am a new proud owner of my 2006 F350. I have wanted a diesel for a while and have been reading and doing a lot of research on the 6.0 and with a lot of hate coming form my Cummins and duramax friends I bought my baby. It is 2006 f350 extra cab with 135k miles already has the head studs and egr delete 8in Pro comp lift with the longer trailing arms. I bought the SCT livewire for it. and the blue spring. now a few things What should I or shouldn't I do with it. Thinking about doing a wicked wheel on the turbo. Ill admit not totally impressed with the live wire canned tunes. I swear it was hitting 25PSi and now its hitting 20 I have test drove several that were deleted and that were hitting 20 and would spank my truck. She runs great starts right up but feels low on boost and smokes a fair amount when getting on it. anything else people recommend doing with the trans or anything. thanks for every ones time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0015.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	615738   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0161.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	615746  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

First of all, set aside a couple of hours a day for the next week or so to read through the stickies at the top of this page and the other sub-forums under the 6.0 general heading. Get yourself familiarized with the 6.0 and the other aspects of your truck by reading here and then studying your truck itself. You'll answer some of your questions by reading and you'll find you have a lot more once you're done. As far as the wicked wheel, there are better options. Your low boost very likely is due to a leak on one or both sides of the turbo, but could be many things. Do your research and ask your questions, but don't expect a lot of spoonfeeding. Most all of us love to help those that are willing to help themselves.
john galt likes this.

Dexter

2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 with iMFD
SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently TSD MPD)
FICM from Ed
PHP FICM tuner (currently Atlas40)
KC Stage 1.5 Turbo
Blue Spring update
IPR Coolant Filter w/manifold
Rotella ELC Coolant (CAT EC-1 rated)
BPD EGR Cooler
New (03/23/14) OEM Oil Cooler - (backflushed 05/10/15 @ ~40K & 07/03/16 @ ~70k)
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
as was said read up in the stickies especially on monitoring and bulletproofing
I have the cts and love it but if i were buying my truck today i would have the torque app and a dedicated android

this was pretty much the advice i followed when i first got my truck
Things to consider about owning a 6.0L

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Last edited by john galt; 04-17-2017 at 07:05 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks I have read and read many threads and post, and I am not afraid of doing my own research I mainly asked about the boost because some people say its ok and others say its low. the problem is never know what on to belive. I had to replace my thermostat because it was stuck open my water temp holds solid at 190 and my oil temp is right within 189 192. those temps seam a lot closer then everyone elses. the truck already has a lot of work done head studs egr deleated. don't know why they wouldn't do the oil cooler while they were there and those temps seam good. main issue was wondering weather 20lbs is good or not good and is 12 mpg good or not good.
john galt likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
20 psi is not terrible, but it's also not "good". A properly functioning 6.0 shouldn't have much problem building between 25 and 30 psi. I think I read somewhere the "spec" was 27 psi. It's hard to say if 12 mpg is good or not. Not sure what your gearing, tire size, load and and driving style is, but my first thought is that is a little low. You are lifted and it appears the tires are a bit over-sized from stock, so that will contribute some. When I first got my CCSB, I was getting very close to averaging 18 mpg with mixed driving. I have lost about 2 mpg over the past two years and struggle to get 16 mpg now. Haven't figured it out yet, but I believe it is related to the same reason I can only get about 23psi of boost myself. The current line of thinking is a weak HPOP.

Dexter

2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 with iMFD
SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently TSD MPD)
FICM from Ed
PHP FICM tuner (currently Atlas40)
KC Stage 1.5 Turbo
Blue Spring update
IPR Coolant Filter w/manifold
Rotella ELC Coolant (CAT EC-1 rated)
BPD EGR Cooler
New (03/23/14) OEM Oil Cooler - (backflushed 05/10/15 @ ~40K & 07/03/16 @ ~70k)
post #6 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya im going to do a pressure test on my boost when the weather straightens out. I go the sct tuner for it idk if I like it yet or not the power is good but not a fan of the monitor and the workings of it vrs my friends edge. yes it is lifted with bigger tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode