Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Degas bottle question

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  joe blow 
#1 ·
I am on my 2nd degas bottle and suspect the POS might have a small crack again. Has anyone switched over to one of the new aluminum style that some companies are making?

I was liking this one for the fact it uses a standard cap and if I do puke a bit, I can attach a recovery tank that I have laying around in my garage, This is what I am looking at: 6.0 Powerstroke Aluminum Degas Bottle | DirtyDiesels

Thanks for the time
Joe

#2 ·
I tried to talk Sinister and Mishi into offering that style cap as an option

but they didn't really care about what I wanted

PSP sells a version with the cap you mentioned ( that may be in your link )

I do not know why your busting bottles ? I have a bad HG and hit 16 psi often but have not split a bottle

#5 ·
Thank you guys. I actually do not have a leak or split bottle. I am on the 2nd bottle but you gotta figure the truck is 13yrs old and that stuff wears.

I am interested in replacing the bottle eventually but want a regular cap....those FORD caps are not that great and I don't feel like buying an adapter to only test those caps.

#6 ·
wait... so your second Degas does NOT have an issue?

Stuff does wear out, thats why the degas is a easily replaceable part.

You dont have to convince us to buy the shiny new stuff, unless your wife is reading this... then yes the aluminum is the right investment to protect your truck :look:

#7 ·
wait... so your second Degas does NOT have an issue? Correct....it was the spring clamp.

Stuff does wear out, thats why the degas is a easily replaceable part.

You dont have to convince us to buy the shiny new stuff, unless your wife is reading this... then yes the aluminum is the right investment to protect your truck :look:
:hehe: haha ok. I like the sight glass on the psp model.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
#11 ·
I would buy the PSP with the 30.00 upgrade that gets the filler neck style we both want

and the one I wish Sinister and Mishimoto
would have listened to me and offered up as an option

Joe I think the Dirty Deisel link you gave was just them selling the Vision bottle on their site

no name change

#12 ·
ZMANN,

My friend unless I am missing something, the 30.00 upgrade is only to have the AN fitting welded on for coolant rerouting.....not for the standard radiator cap to be used.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help

Joe

#14 ·
Well Hell I was wondering why you were having issues
getting what I was talking about and now I see I was talking about something that does not exist

sorry about that
but I am glad you caught that AN upgrade I thought was the cap change

I just don't like the sight tube or finish on the Vision unit

right now if I needed one I might still buy the PSP or Sinister and have the cap welded in they are 25 bucks all day long

what blows my mind is no one makes a threaded to twist lock cap adapter it would sell and be easy to make

#15 ·
Maybe you should make it then sell them

Reactions: joe blow and ZMANN
#16 ·
That is a great idea. I think I will have to settle for the alternative. I am in no hurry to buy it....I think I'll buy a new gun instead

Reactions: ZMANN
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.