Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A/C kit

554 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jd4010 
#1 ·
:grin:Hey everybody,

I'm wondering if anyone has installed an aftermarket air conditioner on the 6.0. I have a work truck that didn't come with AC, which is fine for Fairbanks AK, but the Army is moving me to Kansas and the Wife informed me that we need A/C.

I did some looking around and searching/reading on what I can do and I settled on one from bought4less.com which should give me the entire kit needed. I couldn't really find much on anyone doing this, so I went ahead and ordered the kit needed. Anyone have any experience with this kit or company?

I'll try and take some photos along the way and post some more stuff up if people are interested.

thanks for any input.

#2 ·
ohhh thats a good one, I'm not sure your going to find too many that have this issue.

I would say look at the junk yard for used HVAC control cluster and the A/C compressor bracket. Not sure how your going to slip in that evaporator too, they are usually pretty neatly sealed in there but I've never had to install one, lol. I just fix the ones that are broken.

You might be better off going to walmart and get a window shaker with some duct tape, lol. J/k I hope the best for you and maybe someone else here will chime in.

#3 ·
So I bought the kit, shipping was outrageous up here to Fairbanks, and it's in my Garage in a giant box. The instructions that came with the kit look like they've been photocopying these papers for ever and they suck. Can someone post or send me photos of their A/C components and lines so I can have something to work off? While I'm in there I'm going to do my water pump and a coolant flush and replace with the CAT ELC coolant. Any how, any photos would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.