Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Experence with OBDLink Wi-Fi

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Syndicated_cdn 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for monitor for my truck. Of course budget is limited for me. I ran across this product that can link to my iPhone but I'm not clear as to whether it will tell me the info I need to moniter the 6.0. Does any have any experience with this system and is it worth it or do I just go and get the Edge cts-2?
Its called OBDLink MX Wi-Fi Scan tool.

ps I did a forum search but got nothing.....
apparently I can't post a link because my post count is low (stupid)

#2 ·
I have the LX. The MX will show you what you need.

The LX and MX are one of the better OBDII port readers out there in terms of speed and not freezing up. Well worth the cost, IMHO.

#3 · (Edited)
The MX Wi-Fi version is good if you use Apple devices. For Android based devices you'll have more (and cheaper) options with bluetooth.

Edit: I see you have an iPhone; my experience is only with Android. Perhaps first decide what app you're going to use, then get a device that works with it. (?)

#4 ·
The price on the OBDlink stuff is cheap for the quality of the product you get. Fast communication and never has an issue. They also have a manufacture 3 year warranty if I recall correctly.

#5 ·
I have an iPhone, but decided on the OBDLink LX bluetooth model to use with an old Android phone, as I didn't want to tie up my actual phone on a false wifi network, preventing me from streaming music or otherwise preventing a real data connection.

Its a pretty good product, connects to the phone quickly, but I haven't yet figured out how to get it to power down when the truck is off to prevent the battery from being drained.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.