Different type of CCV mod? Will it work? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Different type of CCV mod? Will it work?

I saw this on another forum... Will it work?? It is readily available at Tractor Supply for $20. Sure beats a couple hundred...

Here is a link for it.
Polypropylene Strainer, 1 in. dia., 50M - 2114130 | Tractor Supply Company

05 F250 4x4 CC, 9.5" Rize/Icon, 38" Toyos, 20x12 Pacers, 5" MBRP, AFE stage 2, Cass 190s, Powermax, ELC w/filter, RCD EGR delete
04 Excursion 4x4, vacation bus
Project 1979 F250 6.0 powered in progress

post #2 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Kevin...just be careful on the pressure...the Crankcase vent creates approx 8cfm's...I would check that item out to see if it will withstand the amount of pressure required.

'05 6.0L, 128k miles, Racor CCV6000 Filter, Oil Bypass Filter, Fumoto drain valves, Coolant Filter, ZooDad, HighIdleMod, BullyDog 4" TB, VXCF9 Strat, Edge Insight Gauge, Torque App, Fuel Press Gauge, Upfitters, 4" SJ lift w/Bilstein 5100's, Ride-Rite Airbags, Rough Country Dual Stabilizers, 24" Wipers, '08 Rear Diff cover, Mobil1 Syn 5W-40, 6.4L banjos, Blue Fuel Spring, SS HPOP screen, '08 Mirrors, Zerex ELC.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 05:35 PM

I dont see why it wouldnt.

1997 Single Cab Dually, S366 w/ Irate mount and plenums, EFuel, Intercooler, P.I.S 175/80s, Corbeau seats w 08 console, 19.5s, 6637, Black Interior with swede headliner and visors, Custom badges, Flight Fab Traction Bars.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoyockPowerstroke View Post
Kevin...just be careful on the pressure...the Crankcase vent creates approx 8cfm's...I would check that item out to see if it will withstand the amount of pressure required.
So, you think it will break a apart or something??? It is basically a spindown filter. I have one on my well and it constantly handles 55psi. i know that is a liquid application. This CCV is more or less a paint sprayer filter. There is one on ebay that handles 250psi.

On this mod it would be basically oily air flowing in, once it hits the mesh strainer, the oil mist would turn to droplets and fall to the bottom. It is by no means purifying the air that returns, but it is removing some oil... I would use the 1" inlet/outlet one and run it in the engine compartment instead of the frame.

I think it should be alright... I'll keep watching for other replies...before I drop the 20 bones...

05 F250 4x4 CC, 9.5" Rize/Icon, 38" Toyos, 20x12 Pacers, 5" MBRP, AFE stage 2, Cass 190s, Powermax, ELC w/filter, RCD EGR delete

post #5 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Personally, I think it will work. I would definately keep an eye on it though for clogging concerns....(if the 8 cfm CCV pressure is backed up and no where to go...the pressure could wreak havoc on the engine seals/gaskets).

EZ-Ford did this in September...still haven't heard results of its use yet. It would definately be a great value.

'05 6.0L, 128k miles, Racor CCV6000 Filter, Oil Bypass Filter, Fumoto drain valves, Coolant Filter, ZooDad, HighIdleMod, BullyDog 4" TB, VXCF9 Strat, Edge Insight Gauge, Torque App, Fuel Press Gauge, Upfitters, 4" SJ lift w/Bilstein 5100's, Ride-Rite Airbags, Rough Country Dual Stabilizers, 24" Wipers, '08 Rear Diff cover, Mobil1 Syn 5W-40, 6.4L banjos, Blue Fuel Spring, SS HPOP screen, '08 Mirrors, Zerex ELC.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-23-2009, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Shoot Tom, you know how I am.... I just installed the HIDs I have had for months and still haven't flushed my coolant and installed that filter... Had the stuff for months too... I guess I am just so consumed with life...
You up for some garage building??? A lil construction work?? Gonna break ground in less than a month (hopefully). Getting permits and such now..

Back to the subject...

Anybody have any opinions on this as a CCV mod???

post #7 of 8 Old 11-23-2009, 05:59 AM

No problem...never let a fellow Navy brother down. I'll be there...just say when. Will have to check out the HIDs...heard about them...heard they require less amp draw? let me know if you need any help with the bypass filter.

post #8 of 8 Old 11-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Try this out and post your results. If it works I will look in to it.

Project Frankenstein

1997 Ford F-350, Dually conversion, Cobra 29 LX CB, 12000 watt converter, All LED lights, TW tunes, 4" DP, Napa Intake, coolant filter, 140cc Injectors and lots of running lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLOSIV View Post
Thanks. I'll give er a good wackin in the morning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode