Hot shot secret - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hot shot secret

Ok so I got mine yesterday, Added it to my oil only put about 30 miles on it so have not noticed any diff, I have not started it yet this morning so not sure if it helped at all, of course it says it takes up to 1000 miles to take full effect, but i just wanted to let the guys guys who where wondering about the stuff that i did start using it and will keep you guys informed on any changes in the truck, as i do know i have atleast one injector not working and a couple sticky ones, in the morn when its cold! I will keep posted on anything good or bad, i added it towrds the end of the oils life got bout 1500 miles before its due for a change just fyi. Hopefully it works great and will turn out to be a good product for use all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2009, 08:41 AM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Waste of money and bad on an engine. Along with many other members here, i am very against oil addatives. The oils come in the bottle with additive packages already in them and then when you go adding others to it you throw the balance off and who knows what kind of bad things can happen.

The only addative i would ever use is Lucas, and that is only on an engine that has a rod knocking because it seems to help quiet it down and last a bit longer. But it doesn't matter if the addative damages anything because the motor is dying anyway.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 AM

No this is made specially for the 6.0 for the sticking injectors there is another thread about it here somewhere i will try and find but for now just google hot shot secret. and as for the lucas it says right on the bottle do not use in powerstroke.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Serving Our Country!

I'm like all the others. I spend way to much money on oil and I just don't think adding something to it will do anything...
Old 11-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemac View Post
No this is made specially for the 6.0 for the sticking injectors there is another thread about it here somewhere i will try and find but for now just google hot shot secret. and as for the lucas it says right on the bottle do not use in powerstroke.
on the Lucas Full Synthetic bottle, it says add one quart for Powerstrokes. and i DO.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:00 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
subscribed
Old 11-22-2009, 03:59 PM

Never tried hot shots secret but I work on heavy duty trucks and we have one customer that insists we add a bottle of lucas to his new oil when doing a oil change. I am not sure what the lucas claims to do because I have never read the bottle. But we have been putting this stuff in his oil for years. The stuff is so thick that we have to sit the bottle in a bucket of hot water for a while just so we can pour it into the engine.

Anyways this guy was in a few weeks ago for a valve adjustment and when we pulled off the valve cover everything was covered with black sludge. The inside of that engine was probably one of the dirtiest one I have seen.

I am against any of those oil additives.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:13 PM

I've read that Lucas causes that sludge......
Old 11-22-2009, 04:13 PM

Did it look like this? This is what happens when you don take care of your vehicle and change the oil regularly. the car only had like 85k

Old 11-22-2009, 04:14 PM

Im not sayin additives did this just not changing your oil!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.