Any advice?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any advice??

A little over a month ago I was reading on here about a re-flash that would help with rough running with a cold engine. My truck did that indeed but for only about 5 miles. After that distance it ran flawless with a ton of power. If it wouldn't have shaked the truck so much I would have lived with it. Driving home after spending $85.00 I didn't notice anything but it was warm and on the stock tune. The next day I started it cold to see how it ran. She idles perfect but once on the road it still bucked. The difference this time is it continued to buck for over half an hour. I also detected a mis while excellerating. No miss's before the re-flash. The harder I pushed the peddle the more pronounced the mis. I called the dealer asking if they could have installed the wrong flash or something like that and they said no. They want me to bring it in for a series of tests at my cost (of course). If the truck ran bad to begin with once warm I would have no problem paying for the diagnosis. But I'm pissed seeing this only started after they re-flashed it. Any advice for a frustrated truck owner with a now sick 6.0???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 07:53 PM

Call 911 and have your State police meet you at the dealer. You shouldn't have to pay any thing more for a bad flash. It sounds to me like your flash did NOT take. They need to reflash it...talk to the service manager asap...if no luck...up the chain...keep asking who the next person's boss is until they get it right. Supposed to fix it not break it. Damn...
Old 11-21-2009, 07:56 PM

The dealer claims you can't install a bad flash.........
Old 11-21-2009, 08:12 PM

Google it...he's on crack...anytime your moving those Binary codes around 0's an 1's...anything can happen...there have been faulty flashes...just ask around or search these forums and the internet....seriously though...if your dealer said that, then make him put it writing and ask the Dealer owner to sign it...(bet that wouldn't happen) then take your truch to the nearest dealer (other than the moronic service team you just left)...Tell them the story and ask them to install the latest flash...besides if the current dealer stands by their flash...then ask them to just re-do it...not like its costing them anything other than the potential loss of a customer and everyone you speak with on a daily basis....lol
Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Is driving it the only way to tell if the flash is any good?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Enough is enough......Going to the dealer tommorow..............
Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM

You probably did this, but I have always been told to set the tuner back to stock before getting a flash applied. Many folks did not do this thnking that Ford was fixing something specific (and they would not update the programming because that was not requested) only to find out that Ford did apply the flash - and things got a little scrambled.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
You probably did this, but I have always been told to set the tuner back to stock before getting a flash applied. Many folks did not do this thnking that Ford was fixing something specific (and they would not update the programming because that was not requested) only to find out that Ford did apply the flash - and things got a little scrambled.
Yes, I put it back to stock before I took it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.