Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Coolant sale!!

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  G8orFord 
#1 ·
Peak final charge 14.99 at autozone. Mail in rebate of 5 dollars on each jug! 10 for peak final charge elc 1 rated

#2 ·
Is that concentrate or 50/50? You'll need concentrate for your flush project.

#4 ·
It's 50/50 I can't find consontrate anywhere in pc. I did the flush today with 24 gallons of distilled water and 50/50 peak. Ordering some concentrate online and will drain some and add concentrate later this week to help balance it out.

#7 · (Edited)
Got this on today though. No leaks :). I added teflon tape and used clamps from tractor supply that were the proper fitting then the crap sinister sent. They really went cheap on the clamps.
FYI, Tractor Supply carries Rotella ELC concentrate for around $14/gal. It's not Final Charge, but it does meet the CAT EC-1 specs.
Shell Rotella ELC Antifreeze, 1 gal. - For Life Out Here

Edit: Looks like the Southport store is out of stock though.

#6 ·
Thanks for "heads up"! I have a very small coolant leak that as of today I still cannot find!! Gonna send in my MISHI version 1 soon so I'll be needing some coolant for that swap as well.

k

#8 ·
Yeah I saw that a couple days ago. They only had two bottles k even went in the back to ask lol. :) can elc coolants be mixed? I have ordered my concentrate though. Should be here Friday or Monday next week. Damn $30 a gallon.

#9 ·
For the time being I filled with 2.5 gallons 50/50. Drove 45 min with heat on high repeat. I did that 4 times. Then once my concentrate gets in I will drain a gallon add a gallon of concentrate drive for a few days and then drain and add another gallon of concentrate. Then I should be good to go.

#12 ·
Sounds like a plan. As far as I know you can mix the higher grade EC-1 rated coolants, but I don't think I would. Not worth the chance of a bad chemical reaction causing sludge or something, IMO. If you used 50/50 Final Charge, I'd probably stick with the Final Charge concentrate for the drain and fill swaps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.