Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

won't start after changing injector

8K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dalejrfan88 
#1 ·
truck started fine but ran like s***, pulled a cyclinder 2 code, replaced the injector. now no start. sprays silicone in the air box can get it to start for a second until it shuts right off. my buddy plugged his computer in, no codes reguarding it running except the fuel pump relay high.ficm fine. i am getting oil pressure. everything looked good, tried cranking it for 2 nights over and over, had it hooked up to a battery charger and jumped it and nothing. any ideas?

#2 ·
What were the ICP / IPR and FICM voltages? With these readings, Key on Engine off, cranking, and key on engine running. Also year of the truck could help.

A couple of other things it could be also, but I start to think a High Pressure oil leak somewhere. You've certainly primed it enough with the cranking you've done.

#3 ·
the ficm was 47.5 the icp and ipr i'm not sure. my buddy who had the computer was looking at them and looked up online what they should be and he said they were good. if i'm not mistaking i believe he said the oil pressure got up to 1200 while cranking and it is a 05.

#5 ·
If that is the case, the high pressure oil should be fine. If not

If you can check fuel pressure, that would be my next step. There is also a metal ground cable that bolts to the air intake. I forget if it goes to the FICM for grounding of the fuel injector harness, but that can get left off on installation.

Here's a fuel bowl test:

#10 ·
If you can check fuel pressure, that would be my next step. There is also a metal ground cable that bolts to the air intake. I forget if it goes to the FICM for grounding of the fuel injector harness, but that can get left off on installation.
I am pretty sure that ground wire does come off the of the injector harness. I would also double check those ficm connections like someone else said before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.