Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 F-350 cruise control not working

25K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  bismic 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2006 F-350 and the cruise control isn't working. I did some research and replaced the brake pressure switch and that did't fix it. Looking in the manual there is no fuse for the cruise control, and am guessing it comes strait from the computer. there are no other lights on the dash and the horn works as does the climate controls on the steering wheel. where else should I focus my trouble shooting ?

#2 ·
#3 ·
On my 03 the cruise would not work at all either. The more I messed with the buttons while driving it started to work. I can now get it set, sometimes get it to accel, but won't coast. I would bet your switches are like mine and just need replaced.

#4 ·
Auto or manual? I had a manual with remote start, PO jumped the clutch switch so the remote start would work.

I chose cc over remote start.

#5 ·
Does the horn work? Radio controls? Could be the clock spring.

Edit: Not enough coffee this morning. I now see you said the horn worked as well as the climate controls. Still "could" be the clock spring, but not as likely.

#6 ·
#15 ·
You need a device capable of interface with the trailer brake control module. You need to scan for dtc's, and monitor PID data

#18 ·
Final update, cruise control is fixed. Decided to bring it to the dealership for this and the upfitter switch issue I was having. Turns out it was the cloth pedal switch. It is two switches in one, one for the starter and one for cc. Replaced the switch and now I have cc.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

#19 ·
When I got my dads 94 f250 the cruise didnt work. I replaced the brake switch and no work. I started pushing the buttons on the steering wheel and after about 50 pushes it started working. Works fine now. I guess my dad never used it.

Reactions: desertranger
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.