Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How to identify parts?

603 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
As some may have already read, I purchased my first PSD a few weeks ago. My question is regarding to identifying any performance upgrades that were done to the truck prior to my purchase. I am the third owner. Second owner told me he bought the truck exactly like it sits, and with the exception of the invoice for the ARP studs, he doesn't know what has been done to the truck...

It is deleted, has a sinister coolant filter, sinister egr delete, and a BD GT Platinum tuner and 5" turbo back exhaust. These things I know. Truck has 104k on it.

I have attempted to contact the original owner, but cannot get him to reply. Is there a way to determine if the truck has parts added such as injectors, or a wheel without tearing into it to find out the hard way?

Thanks

#2 ·
You didn't say what year. You might be able to get an OASIS report on it to tell you what the dealerships have done. If you know the original owners location, you might track down a diesel shop that worked on it through the Yellow Pages.

Beyond that, it's pretty much a visual process

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.