Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OBD Port Issues

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ironcleveland 
#1 ·
I have not been on the forum for a few years all in part of my truck not having any issues until the other day when my monitor quit working, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still didn't work so thinking it just died i went and bought a new on. i plugged in the new one and that didn't work, i plugged in my SCT and that didn't work. My OBD port is not working. Anyone have any ideas? What is a fix with out going to the dealer?

#2 ·
I have not been on the forum for a few years all in part of my truck not having any issues until the other day when my monitor quit working, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still didn't work so thinking it just died i went and bought a new on. i plugged in the new one and that didn't work, i plugged in my SCT and that didn't work. My OBD port is not working. Anyone have any ideas? What is a fix with out going to the dealer?
Seems like I had this problem once and it was a blown fuse. I don't think it specifically spells out which fuse is OBD in the owners manual though.

#4 ·
I was wrong, as usual! Just looked at my 04 owners manual and fuse#12 is listed as Cigar Lighter/OBD II. I guess Super Duty guys are cigar smokers. Cigarettes must be for the Dodge crowd!

#5 ·
that was is, 20 amp fuse. i was not looking good when i was looking at the book. Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.