Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stacks???

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  hypersnyper694788 
#1 ·
i want stacks but i have a concern. when it rains and snows doesn't that get in the stacks and hurt anything? especially when not running. what do you guys do to stop the weather from running your truck?:dunno:

#2 ·
I drilled a small hole in the elbow that connects to the exhaust off the turbo, otherwise I used to use rubbermaid drink containers.

#4 ·
i just treat it like I always have, dont cover mine up or anything.

Only problem I can forsee is corroding the inside of the pipe near the elbow.

Mine only sits over night though, If I was leaving for a few weeks or something I might cover them up

#6 ·
I drilled a small hole too but only because my truck is going to be sitting awhile.

#7 ·
if i dont drill a hole, does a diesel suck exhaust in on startup like a gasser?

#9 ·
even if they do it would take a week of rain at an inch an hour to fill your downpipe up enough to get it up past your turbos exh housing, the only thing you have to worry bout is all the black that will come out when it does rain and your pressure exh pushes it out

#11 ·
Is there any downfall to drilling a small hole ?

#13 ·
I second the mess on a white truck as well as in the bed on the rhino lining lol

#14 ·
I dont think it will rust the inside at all, or corrode anything, ,i never cover mine and theyre big 7inch rain catchers. heres how i think about it. the pipes turn black because they get coated with your diesel based soot thats all up in them. try to wipe the soot out of your tail pipe with your finger, or even spray it wait a garden hose. it isnt coming off unless u use soap. so oily metal doest rust. so im sure theyll be just fine.

#15 ·
good resoning KeepinItFord works for me. On a differant note dam Hypersnyper did you get a new frame that thing is perfect, mine came off the dealer lot with more rust...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.