Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 F350 RIP

4K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  xidex 
#1 ·
Well i woke up this morning to the phone ringing, answered it and was asked if i own a silver F350 crew cab, i replied yes, as me and my wife looked out the window and saw an empty driveway. The cop told me my truck was face down in a 10 ft deep hole and would be a write off. We went down to the local cop shop to file a police report and see what happened. The shop was closed so we phoned and were told there was 3 incidents last night with Ford trucks getting stolen and that the police were still at the scene and if i could come back in awhile. My wife says i bet the truck is down the street where there is alot of construction going on with huge hills of dirt from grading. So we decided to go down and see if thats where my truck was, sure enough driving up i saw all the flashing lights and the first thing i see is a white F350 sitting high centered on top of a bunch of boulders and the body just mangled. Beyond that i see the tail gate of my truck sticking out of a hole. the truck was down on its passenger side face down into the bottom of big hole with 3 tow trucks hooked to it with winch cables trying to pull it out. I spoke with the cop and said they did manage to get some finger prints off the white F350 and already have a suspect, so my fingers are crossed they catch these pricks, the sad thing is they will probably just get a slap on the wrist and let go again. All i want is 15 minutes alone with them in a room!
The best thing out of this is you can see the windshield on the passenger side has an impact of someones head in it, i hope the bastard is severely hurt! So now begins the battle with insurance where they tell me my trucks value is not what i paid for it and so on. Then the looking for another truck.
how is you guys weekend going? lol

See less See more
#7 ·
sorry to hear your terrible news :( that sucks real hard

#8 ·
sorry to hear the loss my 99 got stolen while i was at work all they found of mine was cab and rollin chassis

#9 ·
I hate thieves, I hope they catch that SOB! Hope everything goes well with insurance.

#10 ·
Sorry to hear about your truck. You should check the local hospital to see if anyone came in with a head injury from the windshield.

#12 ·
hed injury and u are there 2 finish the job !!!

#13 ·
just got back from the police station, i asked the question about the head injuries and got told no we can't do that, the health officials will not disclose anything like that too the police which is total BS, some guy gets shot robbing something and the police are powerless to check hospitals for bullet wounds because of confidentiality...so in other words criminals get more rights than honest folks... :banging: I'll post some pics of the thieves parking job when the police release the photos. They are currently fingerprinting my truck right now...I am a little nervous that the insurance company will fix my truck and return it too me, meanwhile its resale value is nothing now because of repair costs. I'm praying for a bent frame right now so i don't get screwed over :eek:hnoes::please:

#15 ·
Man I need to get an alarm! I've been hearing a lot lately about super duty's being stoled. Like everyone else I hate thieves! Heaven forbid if someone stole my truck!

#16 ·
wow that blows man. what state/ city you live in? hopefully these guys get caught and you get a fat check for a new stroke.

#17 ·
I hate bastards like that. And they always get away or let off with nothing. Then if you did find out who it was and beat the piss outta them your *** would be in the slammer. Our governments so ****ed up these days. Sorry to hear bout your truck. Ive totaled two trucks and for some reason each time the insurance company gave me more than I though each time so hope you have some luck with that.

#18 · (Edited)
update

well finally got to see my truck and i am absolutely shocked now that its out of the hole, the truck doesn't look all that bad.....

when I finally get the photos from the police and you see how it looked compared to the actual damage its amazing how little it got wrecked. I should find out on monday or tuesday what the scoop is with the insurance, hopefully if no frame damage i will have my precious back!

#20 ·
it mite not look that bad, but it shouldnt look like that in the 1st place !!!

#21 ·
dude buy it back from insurance, put a front clip and a bedside on it and enjoy the rest of the insurance check. I get customers all day long that do it as long as you hold the title it wont be branded. Good Luck finding the M F er who stole it.

#22 ·
aww hell! i hope you finds those SOB's!!! and once you do, tell everybody on the org and we will all come down and beat the snot outaa them!! that just aint right. that even pisses me off, i cant believe how pisses off you are.

well, good luck with what every happens with the truck.

you know what, id leave the door open with the key in it one night when the trucks back in your driveway and be sitting at a window in your house with an ol 12gauge:thumb: one of those guys comes even close to the truck, just let off a couple shots.....and i dont think you'll have any trouble after that:thumb:

#23 ·
They might be able to fix the exterior of the truck, but what about the motor... I'm sure they ran it HARD if they left it like that, sucks that nothing can be done about that.

#25 ·
That sucks, hopefully you dont get dicked around by the insurance companies like I am. Just demand KBB. You can find a lot of nice used trucks out there now for some great prices so thats a plus. Best of luck to you, sorry about your loss.

#26 ·
that sucks about your truck. hope the insurance does their job and pays for it.

#27 ·
write off

so they are writing it off, they figure 17k in obvious damage that they can see, they figure the frame is wracked and the A-pillar damaged so that ends that!

had hoped to post the pictures of how the thieves parked it but the insurance company says they would have to buy the pictures from the police and they aren't really interested other than them catching the culprits so they can sue them and reclaim their money. I met with my adjuster twice now and have given all my bill/receipts etc to them and will get an offer tomorrow, it looks like i am at the very least going to break even on the loan for the truck.
I am most likely going to put a down payment on a '08 crew cab lariat F350 tonight which looks identical to my '06 other than the obvious differences between the two generations. The new truck is very nice, better in every way except i still think the 06/07 trucks are the nicest looking and I will miss the 6.0 rumbling :(
If i ever get the pics i will post em, i plan on going to the cop shop on saturday and asking for a copy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.