Who Likes The 6.0 Over The 7.3?????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to trhland
Who Likes The 6.0 Over The 7.3??????

I Was Just Wondering I Dont Hear Much Positive Stuff About The 6.0 .but I Hear It About The 7.3 All The Time. I Personaly Own A 2002 F350 With The 7.3 . It Now Has 44.000 Miles On It And Have To Say I Love It !! The Only Problem I Had With It In 5 Years Was 1 Glow Plug Relay!! Other Then That Its Great. As Far As My 2006 F350 .i Love It So Far .but I Did Have To Replace The Turbo At 7000 Miles. The Power On The 6.0 I Have To Say Is Awesome. I Just Hope Its As Reliable As The 7.3. What I Hear It Isnt. We Need To Hear More Positive Things About The 6.0 All My Landscaper Friends Own Them And Love Them .i Wish I Could Get Them To Join This Forum And Post .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2007, 07:50 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhland View Post
All My Landscaper Friends Own Them And Love Them .i Wish I Could Get Them To Join This Forum And Post .
Yeqah, work on that!

I love my 6.0 and have had no problems with it in 65k miles now. knock on wood
Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 AM

they are both good I have an 01 7.3 and I'am very happy with it.. Right now I won't change it for anything It's got all the grunt I need
Old 03-15-2007, 08:16 AM

i like my 6.0 my dad has the 7.3 he bought a 6.0 when they first came out and had to turn it back in. the 6.0 was you either had a good one or you got a bad one
Old 03-15-2007, 11:09 AM

i make it a habit most of the time when i see someone with a 6.0 ill walk up and say how do you like it? any problems.and i got to tell you guys they all say no love it!!! i really dont hear anything bad .the only thing i hear is some of them had small problems but nothing to make them say they dont like them .just thought id share this . its good to post the positives on these motors. now if i start having problems with my 6.0 down the road i might post a different tread .
Old 03-15-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhland View Post
i make it a habit most of the time when i see someone with a 6.0 ill walk up and say how do you like it? any problems.and i got to tell you guys they all say no love it!!! i really dont hear anything bad .the only thing i hear is some of them had small problems but nothing to make them say they dont like them .just thought id share this . its good to post the positives on these motors. now if i start having problems with my 6.0 down the road i might post a different tread .
For the most part, I've had the same experiance when asking fellow 6.0 owners about thier truck, but every now and then you get a complete horror story from an individual, thus the bad rep.
I wouldnt trade mine for anything!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM

I think that a lot of people who own the 6.0 don't join forums until they have an issue with their rig. I am willing to bet that the majority of 6.0 owners have very few problems, and those that have problems have minor problems.

That being said, people that leave their trucks stock and use it as a work truck, but don't get all hyped up about it, probably don't look for sites like this UNLESS they have problems. Then when they do find the site they will make sure that everyone knows that they are having the problem.

Can't say as I blame them. If a problem costs 17k to fix I'd want to rant about it too.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Mann View Post
I think that a lot of people who own the 6.0 don't join forums until they have an issue with their rig. I am willing to bet that the majority of 6.0 owners have very few problems, and those that have problems have minor problems.

That being said, people that leave their trucks stock and use it as a work truck, but don't get all hyped up about it, probably don't look for sites like this UNLESS they have problems. Then when they do find the site they will make sure that everyone knows that they are having the problem.

Can't say as I blame them. If a problem costs 17k to fix I'd want to rant about it too.
i agree!!! my friend dont really modifythere trucks they just work out of them and run them hard. i quess thats the way to stay out of trouble.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:15 PM

A fair appraisal of the 7.3 vrs the 6.0???? I own both...

I have a 2003 7.3, that is sold to one of my Customers, but I am taking care of it while he is overseas until October... He wants me to drive it...

I also have an August 2006 built (your 2007 model) Crew Cab F-350 4x4 King Ranch Fx4, with more goodies than you want to hear about...

Now, when I drive the 7.3 it is PRIMITIVE by comparison... Steering is heavy and sluggish, turning radius is larger, and the engine is rough by comparison to the hum of the 6.0 that has a much more refined sound and BETTER PERFORMANCE...!!

And there is NO Comparison on the automatic transmissions. The 7.3 has the 4R100 transmission and we have had more than our fair share of failures over here in Australia with that transmission if you work it hard. It really needs a full synthetic oil for starters... When I bought my King Ranch, I called a variety of transmission shops and the 5R110 transmission is so good many had not seen them in the four years they have been out... Bulletproof transmission....

There is no comparison in the performance. With only 14,000 flawless miles on my King Ranch, I cannot comment on longevity. The 7.3 has a good record. But on Performance, there is a MAJOR DIFFERENCE....

The feel of the truck as a whole is much better, refined, more of a luxury car in feel, better engine performance and sound, better shifting, better steering, just better...

I would not go backward... My from Australia...

And we have to do things a little more carefully here, where the same truck costs nearly twice as much after shipping and conversion. I am happy with my 6.0 package....

Ranger
Old 03-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

I have never owned a 7.3 but have had my 6.0 for 22000 miles now and I am very pleased with the way it runs and the way it pulls my 16500 lb HitchHiker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.