Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Thinking of picking up a 6.0

3K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Jac43 
#1 ·
I've always wanted one. Going to look at an 05 Powerstroke tomorrow at a corner type dealer in Phoenix. Is anyone here able to run an Oasis for me? I don't have any connections at Ford dealers.

1FTSW21P45EB81452

The truck looks pretty clean from photos. I can see gold coolant in the degas bottle. Bald tires though, there's 1k right off the bat. 130k on it. Wont be a daily driver for me, but it will get used on the weekends.

#2 ·
Take a monitor with you if it doesn't have one.
Read the 'Monitoring the 6.0" sticky so you know what to look for.
If you know anyone who is familiar with the 6.0, take them with you.
If the truck checks out to you, spend the cash to have a REAL 6.0 shop check it out. You should be pretty close to Bulletproof Diesel, so call them and see what they charge. They are excellent and it will be WELL worth the cost.

#3 ·
Stop thinking and do it!! Lol

Seriously, having a way or someone to read the vitals would be important!

Good luck!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I can try to get the OASIS ran in the morning for you. Ill be working all night. So I will do my best to remember to email it off to QTA.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jac43
#5 ·
@Jac43 got your OASIS. Send me a email to forward or ill try and save the images. My phone is being a pain in the @$$ right now.

#6 ·
Nevermind I got it... Here you go.

#7 ·
well the oil cooler is less than 2 months old so thats a plus

#9 ·
it seems like it was maintained pretty well, along with having the work done from the dealer... I would obviously still take a monitoring device like others have stated before, to make sure that everything checks out.

Reactions: PyroTekRob
#10 ·
You are welcome. You can thank Stephanie over at Quick Tricks Automotive for running the OASIS. Great people over there. Some of the best customer service.

Report looks pretty good. Like 7.3 and others recommended you should take a monitoring device to check out the truck.

#12 ·
i just bought my first powerstroke, a 2005 F350 CrewCab 4x4. Runs great. Planning on doing the head studs, oil cooler and egr this winter or spring. I say go for it, loving mine. VIN 1FTWW31P05EC35062, in case someone felt up to running an Oasis, please :) I got a great deal, I'm expecting to need to do some work, and planning to do my own mech work, as usual.

Attachments

#13 ·
Ill email QTA Monday morning.

Reactions: Noisy6.0
#17 ·
Or done by a private shop. I believe OASIS only covers dealer work.

#18 ·
No, I had a look and it wasn't quite what I was looking for. The interior was recovered in vinyl and it had big spots of clear coat failure on the top and corners of the cab. It needed a new set of tires as well. I'm going to go look at an 06 and another 05 at a different dealer tomorrow.

Are these trucks going up in price lately or is it just me? I've seen a number over 20k lately.

#19 ·
They seem to hover around 16.5-25k depending on miles and condition.

#20 ·
Well nothing has panned out so far. I'm very discriminating and hopefully it pays off.

Going to look at an 06 tomorrow at a local Ford dealer. The car fax indicates it lived on the gulf coast for 3 years then 8 years in Colorado Springs. I'm I bit concerned about rust given where it's been. 117k miles, b&w hitch in bed and a transfer flow tank/tool box combo. Oasis does not show any major work. They are asking 20k.

Attachments

#21 ·
Especially if you're from Arizona, if you can find rust free trucks pretty easily, why mess with one that has seen salt and snow? I'm in Iowa so we take what we can get but our prices are also lower usually. It does look pretty clean from the picture though. Good luck!! :)

#22 ·
there are deals to be had... I shopped around for over a year to find mine. Bone stock 1 owner truck with 155K on it for $14.5 ($2K under the average price I was looking at) and they gave me $3500 more for my '97 F350 trade-in then any other dealer was willing to give.

Just don't settle because your tired of looking. There are good deals out there, and I wouldn't pay more then $16-$18K for one unless it has a bunch of upgrades already done, or really low mileage and clean...

Just my opinion tho..

#23 ·
6.0's are cheap out here. I'd have a real hard time paying more than $15k for one, and it would have to have less than 150k and be really clean. I picked up a one owner ECLB 4x4 with 124k for $11250, then sold the bed slide and canopy off of it immediately for $1550 so I was only out $9700 on the truck total.

Another thing that I found out first hand was no matter how well it has been taken care of or how good it runs it can still **** the bed at any time. I came from a 6.7 truck because I was tired of payments, and had people warn me on here of the issues they can have. I bought a Scangauge II to monitor all the vitals. My EOT/ECT deltas were great as was my FICM voltage, truck ran excellent and came with an extensive service history that showed it had been well taken care of. I got about 1700 miles out of it before I had a no start condition. No warning signs, hard starting, etc. I had just got back from a 750 road trip, parked the truck, went outside a few hours later to run an errand and nothing. Ended up being the STC fitting. It had blown apart hard enough to where it bent the oil branch tubes and put a perfect square mark on the back engine cover. I went ahead and did the updated standpipes and dummy plugs while I was in there. Luckily I'm a mechanic and do all my own work and it broke down outside my house, but had that happened 375 miles from home where I was that weekend I would have been shelling out $1200+ for repairs on top of motel and food costs.

With all that said, I'm not trying to scare you away from one. Just trying to make you aware of what you could be getting yourself into.

#29 ·
Can a new comer who can't post photos PM the photo to someone so they can upload it?

#31 ·
I don't think you can post pics, links or links to pics until you have 30 posts. There are ways though. You can post a link as text, just add an extra space somewhere or leave off the "www". It won't be clickable, but can be copied and pasted.

#32 ·
OK lets try this

http: //i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/jac43/Screenshot_2016-12-27-19-51-35.png

Screen shot taken at idle after the test drive. Looks ok to me, just wondering if anything looks out of place to the more experienced guys here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.