Cab clearance lights installed! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cab clearance lights installed!

So now I reckon I get to be a part of the "Wow what the f*** is wrong with me for drilling holes in my roof" club.

A couple hours and 15 holes later, this is what I get. Was it worth it? Probably not, but they do look good.

I also painted the side vents of the grille since this repo model came all chrome. Now theyre black like the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Cab clearance lights installed!-n69800348_30226281_8418.jpg   Cab clearance lights installed!-n69800348_30226282_8730.jpg   Cab clearance lights installed!-n69800348_30226284_6900.jpg   Cab clearance lights installed!-n69800348_30226285_7364.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I LIKE CHROME :)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to power95
Looks Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 03-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

Looks good, I hope mine turn out that good.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:03 PM
The Fat Mod

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 03-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

looks like a real nice job i would love to do the recon smoked but i think my cab over of the camper would smash them and i would have to let someone else do the drilling lol.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Premium Member

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, the drilling scared me too, but the first hole was the hardest. After that I was going to town with the drill to get those things in there. It's already too late after one, so you might as well do what you can

I taped it all off, measured, taped more, measured, measured, then measured before even thinking of starting. The center of each light is exactly 5.5" from the windshield rubber. I notice in the pics that the one on the drivers side looks ****eyed but thats just in the picture I swear....actually each of the very side ones face a little more out in that direction. Dont know if thats how they are from the factory, but thats what the way I measured and was told to do by the directions. Its just not as dramatic as it seems. Has to do with the curve of the roof and finding that exact distance from the windshield all the way around. Cant even tell on the ground.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

cool, i just did mine a few months ago, a month after getting my 06... just bothered me that it looked naked without them since every superduty pratically comes with them... I was hoping to finish before it rained or something.

I only ran into a problem with the harness, the one shipped from some ebay guy was for JUST the 5 new lights. It didnt work with the rear view mirror or vanity lights inside near the windshield I had to cut the terminal off and hardwire it into the connector WITH the existing 3 connector harness that came with the truck and no cab lights.. Works good though.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Premium Member

Did the same thing. Didnt want to lose the vanity mirrors/dimming rear view so I cut the harness they gave me and wired into the one under the passenger kick panel. Ground was there, so I used t-taps to get into the grey wire that has power and the existing ground. Other than that there were no problems.

Are your outer two a bit off or did I just mess that up? The directions they sent weren't really too detailed when it came to that
Old 03-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Looks awesome bud!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

did you get them from the dealer & how much?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.